or Connect

Posts by angrybob

What I find so interesting is that where I live, Omaha Nebraska, none of the stores include All Clad in their sales. We don't have a Macy's , but we do have Bed, Bath & Beyond, which specifically excludes A.C. from their percent off coupons. We also have Younkers, a regional dept store owned by Saks, which specifically excludes it as well. I suppose it's just the market. Glad you're enjoying your new toys.
We have two pieces of the older Scan Pan cookware and are very happy their performance. The stick reistance started out fair and despite following the manufacturers instructions, further continued to decline. We have a large chef's pan and a dutch oven and both get used and do their jobs quite well, but we don't use them like a stick resistant pan. We have a glass top quartz range and the bases of the pans are machined flat so they work very well with the glass cooktop....
We have two pieces of the older Scan Pan cookware and are very happy their performance. The stick reistance started out fair and despite following the manufacturers instructions, further continued to decline. We have a large chef's pan and a dutch oven and both get used and do their jobs quite well, but we don't use them like a stick resistant pan. We have a glass top quartz range and the bases of the pans are machined flat so they work very well with the glass cooktop....
Is 335.oo too much? Try GrizzlyImports.com search "meat saw" for meat cutting band saw with sliding table. Trouble with a sawzall, ie, recip. saw is usually the blades are coated with paint, not such a good idea for food contact. You might also be able to contact a local butcher supply for a meat cutting blade (may need it to be rewelded for the correct size) and buy a smaller table top version of a wood band saw for much less. I don't know how a meat blade differs from...
Would C Ration scrambled eggs count?? :lol:
One more thing I forgot to mention would be to use a lock washer under the head of the screw, an internal star lock washer might be a good choice.
Red Loctite 272 High Temp High Strength threadlocker. Rated to 450 degrees F. $5.99 a tube from Amazon.com. is the one I'm thinking of. After all, it's a screw in the handle.
If the screws and handles are in otherwise good condition , but just coming loose I'd go to a hardware store or industrial products dealer and buy a tube of loctite thread lock compound. Comes in a small tube about $5 or less. There are different colors which equal differenct strengths, red would be a good choice. Coat the threads of the bolt per the directions and it won't come loose.
I got my 10 inch frying pan, # 69210, from Instawares.com. It took about 3 weeks for me to get it. Would give them a "c" for customer service. I based my purchasing decision on price as it was a "try me" buying it sight unseen. I had checked with a local supplier who would have had to order it for me and it would have run about 60.00 if I remember correctly. With shipping I paid about 41.00. The version with the gator grip handle is about 5.00 more or so. The more I use...
Hi Dan, I have a 10" tribute frying pan with the plated handle and I LIKE IT. I'm using it on a quartz halogen cooktop and the pan sits flat and heats very evenly. I would say it takes about as long as an all clad or similar pan. The handle is NOT as comfortable as an all clad style and being the plated version it does heat up quite quickly. I don't have a problem with this as I chose the plated handle over the gator grip so I could use it on occasion under the broiler....