or Connect

Posts by American_Suisse

Actually, there was no restaurant involved. I had a heart attack the day before Christmas and am now in La Lignière Clinique here in Switzerland for three weeks of cardio rehab. Mückver was what as served that night for dinner. Thanks all for the posts and the link!
Not sure how it is spelled elsewhere but here it's Mückver. Thanks for the link!
Well I goofed that reply up! Yes Koukouvagia, that was what it was. Know how it is made?
Yes, that is it. Know how it's made?
I had something called Mückver à la féta this evening. It was pretty good and I would like to know how to make it. My French is horrible but what bothers me is when I put Mückver in my computer to find out what it was, there was no results. The féta I understand and am surprised I liked it as I dislike cheese made from goat's milk. Anyone know what it is and how it is made?
@Cerise- Aaarrgh! I hate the word preheat. Lol! I heat my oven before doing anything. Usually 15 minutes. I have checked the temp using three different thermometers and they all came out within two and three degrees. Not bad I think. I have never tried that baking method shown in the video. Something to look forward to. Thanks!   @Fablesable - Thanks for the info. Never noticed the numbers on the flour here. I will check for that next time I hit the store and give the...
Well...the good news is (for whatever reason) the dinner rolls I made earlier this week came out spot on as did the Hot Cross Buns made for Easter. Also been playing with a variation on Irish Soda Bread. Made it twice and it turned out fine. Not sure what the heck is going on with the recipes I used in the states so I guess they get put to the back of the file to maybe get tried at some other point in time. Thanks all for the many suggestions!
Sorry for the late reply. Been traveling.   This is a recipe I use a lot. I use it for pizza dough, cinnamon and raisin bread, an Italian loaf with mozzarella cheese in it, dinner rolls, etc. It calls for 2 pkgs of dry yeast in half a cup of lukewarm water with a pinch of sugar for five minutes. While it is activating you mix half a cup of sugar, half a cup of lukewarm milk which is then mixed with the yeast and water. Then add four eggs and half a cup of shortening....
Last night was jumbo shells stuffed with pancetta and spinach and an asiago cheese, cream sauce. (With enough left over for lunch today!)
Have proofed the yeast so that wasn't the issue but...the flour. Did not know that about European flour. I've used mainly all-purpose flours in most of my recipes with no problems. But gluten I've never thought of. How much would I use and is it in addition to the flour measurement or included in the amount?