or Connect

Posts by American_Suisse

It isn't as clear cut here as you seem to make it. On 13 February we had a national vote concerning keeping guns at home. 57% of the populace voted to keep them. This issue was strongly debated in the months prior to the vote and for a while looked like the anti-gun at home group would win. They had a 13% lead in the early polls to begin with but it soon dwindled. The Swiss have a strong identity with rifles and guns. Many viewed the vote as an attempt to remove...
Was going through the files on swissinfo and came across this video about fondue. A little history mixed with an ending shot of "downtown" Gruyère. If you ever have a chance to visit this wonderful country I would strongly suggest a stop at Gruyère. Given enough notice I just might join ya! Yep, love fondue that much.   http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/multimedia/video/For_fondue_fans.html?cid=8308806&itemId=8308802 
"3pm France, Holland, Denmark, Libya, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Italy"    AHEM! And Switzerland, thank you very much!   Bonne Année all!
    BettyR   Just wanted to thank you for posting this Yellow Cake Recipe. I found it shortly after you posted it but never thanked you for it. It's the best Yellow Cake I've ever made. All the others are so dry. After making this one for the first time I tossed the others.   The first time I made it was for some of my Swiss neighbors. Gotta tell ya they loved it! Now, whenever we're getting together, I'm asked if there will be "gâteau jaune" . ....
 Wait! There are prizes?! WHY AM I ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW THESE THINGS?! Darn it all to heck. Everyone always gets the good stuff but not me! Think I'll go to that far corner of the internet and sit in the dark for a while...grumble, gurmble, grumble....
I'm not in any form of culinary work, resturant owning, bake shop running, nor any of the numerous other occupations out there. I am, however, owner of a fairly large business concern, now retired. He's my take on your situation.   Although it would be nice to think that we've come farther along in our development as people, the fact remains we are judged by our appearance in every catagory of life, everyday. Opinons are formed in the first few seconds of meeting...
This just popped up on MSN. Found it very interesting. It also made me wishful that I could be that creative in the kitchen!   http://www.delish.com/entertaining-ideas/holidays/christmas/gingerbread-house-pictures-fw2010?GT1=47009
Any recipe that has the term "preheat the oven" drives me nuts.
Thank goodness for internet radio and/or YouTube!   I am sitting at my computer over here in Switzerland on a a very cold winter day. Even the snowmen (sorry...snowpersons for those politically correct individuals out there ) are asking to come inside to warm up. Anyway, have my iTunes program open on one of the Christmas radio programs and am doing a bit of work while listening, humming, and occasionally breaking (breaking is exactly what it sounds like) into song....
Came across some interesting recipes (at least to me) while looking up some info at the American Ancestors website. Thought maybe some of you would be interested. Sorry if I placed it in the wrong forum.   http://www.americanancestors.org/holiday-family-recipes/