or Connect

Posts by American_Suisse

Any recipe that has the term "preheat the oven" drives me nuts.
Thank goodness for internet radio and/or YouTube!   I am sitting at my computer over here in Switzerland on a a very cold winter day. Even the snowmen (sorry...snowpersons for those politically correct individuals out there ) are asking to come inside to warm up. Anyway, have my iTunes program open on one of the Christmas radio programs and am doing a bit of work while listening, humming, and occasionally breaking (breaking is exactly what it sounds like) into song....
Came across some interesting recipes (at least to me) while looking up some info at the American Ancestors website. Thought maybe some of you would be interested. Sorry if I placed it in the wrong forum.   http://www.americanancestors.org/holiday-family-recipes/ 
Recipe for Fruitcake 1 cup water 1 cup sugar 4 large eggs 2 cup dried fruit 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup brown sugar lemon juice nuts 1 gallon whiskey   Sample the whiskey to check for quality. Take a large bowl.   Check the whiskey again to be sure that it is of the highest quality. Pour 1 level cup and drink. Repeat.   Turn on the electric mixer; beat 1 cup butter in a large fluffy...
That's the one lyniebeck! No matter what I typed in any of my search engines, nothing would come up. Thanks ever so much. You just made my Christmas!
Hoping someone out there can help. My mother use to make a drop cookie for Christmas and I'm afraid I'm not able to remember much about it. I remember there were crispy Chinese noodles, peanut butter (or maybe it was peanut butter chips) in the recipe but don't remember any other ing. Anyone know what I'm talking about? :)
I think the thing I'd like to do most before I die is find a way to stay alive...
We're in the midst of the third day of snow fall but we still don't have as much snow as you have back home. But we are probably beating a few with the temperature. This morning when I checked the temp I had to rub my eyes and look again. It was -15°F. I've lived here for almost five years and have never had it that cold in the city. In the mountains? Sure. But not in the city! I wish I knew how to attach pictures to comments like oldschool1982 did. That's such a beautiful...
I was invited to the home of the lady that gave me the recipe for the Rose Petal Spaghetti which I posted a while ago. This time I was expecting something different and wasn't a bit surprised when she brought this dish to the table...until I found out that it was a dish with chocolate and pork. At first I wasn't sure but after the first forkful hit my lips I was sold! Sorry again for posting some in US measurements and some in metric. Still working on figuring out the...
Darn it Siduri! I wanted to say that. Now I'm stuck with making a swine flu crack which, if I were a better man I wouldn't make. This little piggy went to market. This little piggy stayed at home. This little piggy had roast beef. This little piggy had none. And this little piggy went "cough, sneeze" and the entire world's media went mad over the imminent destruction of the human race, and every journalist found out that they didn't have to do too much work if they just...