or Connect

Posts by American_Suisse

I think the thing I'd like to do most before I die is find a way to stay alive...
We're in the midst of the third day of snow fall but we still don't have as much snow as you have back home. But we are probably beating a few with the temperature. This morning when I checked the temp I had to rub my eyes and look again. It was -15°F. I've lived here for almost five years and have never had it that cold in the city. In the mountains? Sure. But not in the city! I wish I knew how to attach pictures to comments like oldschool1982 did. That's such a beautiful...
I was invited to the home of the lady that gave me the recipe for the Rose Petal Spaghetti which I posted a while ago. This time I was expecting something different and wasn't a bit surprised when she brought this dish to the table...until I found out that it was a dish with chocolate and pork. At first I wasn't sure but after the first forkful hit my lips I was sold! Sorry again for posting some in US measurements and some in metric. Still working on figuring out the...
Darn it Siduri! I wanted to say that. Now I'm stuck with making a swine flu crack which, if I were a better man I wouldn't make. This little piggy went to market. This little piggy stayed at home. This little piggy had roast beef. This little piggy had none. And this little piggy went "cough, sneeze" and the entire world's media went mad over the imminent destruction of the human race, and every journalist found out that they didn't have to do too much work if they just...
Chatting with a friend the other day about my finally finding a crockpot brought me this recipe: Cornish Hens with Cherry Sauce Serves: 4 4 cornish hens cornbread stuffing 1.5 cups hot water 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons margarine or butter 3/4 cup red currant jelly 1/4 cup pitted dried red cherries, coarsely chopped 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice Thaw hens if frozen. Place a rack in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine...
My oldest son sent me an email with this joke attached: A young man saw an elderly couple sitting down to lunch at McDonalds. He noticed that they had ordered one meal, and an extra drink cup. As he watched, the gentleman carefully divided the hamburger in half, then counted out the fries, one for him, one for her, until each had half of them. Then he poured half of the soft drink into the extra cup and set that in front of his wife. The old man then began to eat, and...
Ready to give up on that pesky New Year resolution? Do it with this! Hot Fudge Pudding Cake Recipe 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar, divided 1 c. all-purpose flour 7 tablespoons cocoa, divided 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup milk 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 1 1/4 c. hot water Whipped cream (optional) Heat oven to 350F. Stir together 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons...
Just came back from the doctor's office where I was told I have water on the brain. Great. Now, everytime the temp drops below freezing, it'll freeze and everything will will slip my mind! :lol:
Joyeux Noël et bonne année de Suisse !
Thanks BDL! I just couldn't figure out what fond de veau meant. Got the de veau part right but fond threw me for a loop. All my dictionary gave me was melts, back, and bottom, non of which made any sense to me. Don't feel embarassed. I live in the French speaking section of Switzerland so your position on the French may still hold true! :lol: