or Connect

Posts by Bazza

Jevan your day sounded very eventful, I take my hat off to you. You must have incredible patience working with these guys. I hope your beer was good and your girlfriend gives you a break. keep up the good work dude.
I am not sure if you are looking for a souffle or a cake but I can see how souffles are problematic on that scale. Any kitchen will struglle with the complexity of getting that volume of soffles out in a busy service.   I am not sure of the US terminology but I am guessing that lava cake is a sponge with a molten middle. In the UK we call this a fondant and I would reccomend a google search. Here is one I have used which has consistent results and has a 10 minute cooking...
Knowledge can be taught, skills can be taught. Attitude cannot be taught. My answer is a positive attitude.
I am now a retired chef but I have great memories of getting lost in mountains of prep. I loved to see the fresh produce coming in, particularly fish. the sound of knives on boards, the aroma of lemon zest, thyme, garlic. The kitchen banter, singing and crude jokes. The ticking of prep lists and the cooking of meats. I could have my back to the whole kitchen and my nose and ears would tell me exactly what was going on. I would almost be in a state of meditation before the...
When you need to peel a lot of garlic, break the cloves fron the head and place them into a bowl, then place another bowl over this upside down. Hold the two bowls together and give them a good shake. Works a treat, I never believed it until I tried it. The skin comes clean off and you just need to pick out the cloves.
I disagree with all this macho BS! What about the people who want to enter the industry that are not made of steel? With the right training and guidance they can be as good as anyone else. Being a big dick doesn't make your dick bigger, it just makes you look foolish and childish. How can you expect someone who is new to the kitchen to know stuff if they have never done it before? Its all about training, developing and mentoring. An apprentice who learns and progresses...
The ring in that picture does not look like sugar at all! Am I missing something? This is surely a chocolate ring.   In answer to your question, a simple sugar bowl can be made by pouring your melted sugar over the back of a ladle in a criss cross pattern.
Brits call it the "Walk In" or "The Office!"   A Cool Room is a bedroom in a designer hotel  
Thats a very nice menu. Congrats on your anniversary and a memorable meal.  
I was born talented and gifted, by the age of 10 months I was Executive Chef with a brigade of thirty-five. I was so gifted that none of my brigade could cook at all, they completely relied on me for everything.   Heck I was a musician, dancer, painter and sometimes I even cooked. We cooked gold, silver and platinum but nobody even noticed as we danced to our beautiful music. I was unteachable as I already knew everything there was to know about everything and...