or Connect

Posts by Bazza

Hi and welcome. I have posted my recipe below. Lightness in texture will almost certainly be down to your technique and the recipe does not come with a faultless guarantee. I don't know how experienced you are but I went into a fair bit of detail for the benefit of less experienced readers.   Oh and I am from foreign parts so my measurements are metric.     Hot chocolate soufflé   Ingredients   200g good quality chocolate 100 g unsalted butter plus extra for greasing...
  Pete. You are correct, but we are being asked our thoughts on the subject of "knife skills" and not a knife's worth or working with a board. This all sounds very pedantic and in my opinion, if "knife skills" needs to be categorised  it should be done accurately.   the-boy-nurse Symbiotic, a very cool word. I'll google it one day.
    BDL I am a great fan of your posts but I have to disagree with you on this one.   I am not a knife enthusiast and I am certainly no expert on knives but when I think about the subject of "Knife Skills" I take the words "Knife" and "Skills" and I think about them. On that basis your categorisation is off the mark. Sharpening and board management are not "Knife Skills".   Sharpening may well be a skill involving a knife but that depends on how you interpret "knife...
As Ed B has already said, when you increase the batch size it alters the parameters. If you must cook it altogether have you thought about doing several smaller batches?
You are welcome   Looking at your method it seems that you are putting all of the ingredients in the pan together. To me, a cobbler has the fruit (or meat) at the bottom and the cooked dough on the top, similar to a crumble. If you have the flour mixture in with the fruit you will have touble trying to cook it evenly resulting in the problems you describe. I always cook the two parts seperate, it eliminates the soggy crust problem and makes service and presentation...
The problem you are having is the moisture from the fruit is preventing the topping from cooking. I would cook the peaches seperately in a pot on the stove top and bake the topping in the oven on its own. This will eliminate your problem completly and you will have much better control over how the topping comes out. You can assemble the dish afterwards depending on which kind of presentation you prefer.
I dont know what your method is but I always make sure the pastry is hot before pouring in the cold filling, this seems to form a seal. Also I never refrigerate the tart until it has absolutely cooled. On the occasions I have not done either of these it has cracked.
Mad Max.     You guys are good, try this one     Mikey, why don't you tell that nice girl you love her?
Exactly, and how much food hits the floor anyway? If you are that clumsy you should not be handling expensive product.
DOGS!! Are you kidding?    It is well known that these practises take place and people like you give catering a bad name. I am not in the habit of badmouthing others in the trade but you spoil it for the rest of us. It is only a matter of time before you have a food safety issue and believe me you will.    Success in catering is built on trust and reputation, I wonder who your clients are and how your food is recieved. 3 seconds, 5 seconds or 180 degrees aint gonna get...