or Connect

Posts by AllanMcPherson

Mr. choppy needs a new blade.
Wow, if marketers can gleen anything from this, I am impressed. Nicko, I am with you, many of these would have been non of the above for me!
KK, You should save your dad's oil for mayo!
I usually do a bit of both. For example, a blueberry sorbet, I will puree and strain the berries. Probably boil down about a third of this to an intense syrup, then add it back to the "fresh" juice. This you can add to the simple syrup and spin. You can play with this all you like, but the result are some layers of flavour, a mix of intense and fresh. Also, sorbets love contrast. A hit of acid, not so much that you taste it, will perk up everything else. Al
@Nicko, agreed. Hope I didn't accelerate the descent. I know that I have been surlier than usual. To end my comments with something maybe constructive,@hmlrt, it sounds like you are really unhappy and frustrated. If the old saying "you are only as good as your last plate" holds for you than putting out zero plates that you are happy with in a hotel environment does nothing for the sense of self worth. If you are feeling "locked out" of fine dinning environments that...
Oh well, you have met what, a couple dozen people in an country of millions, I guess it really is a pretty rational response then. Dude, you actually are a supervisor, you actually can do something to change your work place. You are starting to sound less like you were prepared to start at the bottom and more like you wanted to. As in everything would be humming along just fine and you would not be involved getting it there. Its clear you want a position of authority...
You may not be looking for hugs and kisses but you sure are acting like you expected everybody to agree with you. For the record, I am Canadian and don't have a horse in the Nationalism race. Though I do find gross generalzations pretty hard to take seriously. You have done a pretty good hatchet job on your coworkers, which all sounds like a bad scene. It also sounds like you have done very little to understand your work place. Gripping about you exec. leaving at...
Yeah, I dont see the phone users as the ones complaining in this secenario, they are obviously entertaining themselves. Maybe this effect is slowing down service for the non smartphone customers. The only real customer I see getting po'd here are guests waiting longer for reservation because table flips are slower. Then again greedy foh who overbook and underestimate table times is nothing new...
You are going to loose a ton of bucks on this set up. As has been said its way to much food, not just for you but for the client. If each guest guest just has a single bite of each item they are going away full to bursting. There is also going to be a signal to noise problem fro the guests, so many different items that good ones will just fade into the hum of the rest. You say that this is buffet style, which could get into some problems as well. I recently did a...
Dude, I couldn't hear you over the black helicopters.