Posts by AllanMcPherson

I did something similar about a year ago, a riff on "seamless ravioli" where I had a coating of mung bean starch and xanthan around a really gelatinous demi glace (fortified with a hit of methocell).  Very carefully poached from frozen, the starch would hold together and be semi-transparent with a liquid centre.   It was very picky going and I wouldn't do it on the regular.   I did have a thought; would you be willing to try something like artificial sausage casing?...
If something like this was really quick and easy I could see myself using it for staff training.  Quick demo's to have available for reference.  
I was on the first season of the Canadian knocko--er, equivalent.   It was good experience on the whole.  The crew and host were really respectful and did their best to get what they needed while not getting in our way (as much as possible).   I honestly didn't take the whole thing too seriously.  I am not big into this sort of programing and greatly underestimated the reach this sort of thing might have.  We had a huge pop once the showed aired that took monthes to...
Canadian here, excuse the metric.  158f is about 70c, that is way too high for super slow cooked eggs unless you want really destroyed yolks.  63-64 c (145ish f) is where you get the fudgy yolk.  Your whites will be loose at this point, however.  73c for about 13 min will get you a firmish white and decent yolk but your timing and cooling has to be spot on or your results will be inconsistant from egg to egg.   I do sv eggs for my brunch services and the method I have...
I ran a pop up resto the last two years (my current bricks and mortar place is an extension of that idea).   Obviously, where you are operating will determine what you will need by way of insurance, health codes ect.  I can speak from my experience only!   We had a liscened and inspected prep kitchen where the vast majourity of the work was done.  Food would be transported to the location of service and finition would occur there.   So much of what you are asking re...
I can see that...I have a 24 seater so getting log jamed at the POS isn't really an issue.  I also kinda like being able to "view only" via the cloud.  Makes me feel more secure.  
I have been using TouchBistro since I opened a place last May.  Dead easy, intuitive, and extremely customizable.  Well worth looking into.
Wow, priorities
FYI, I have decided to call this item "The Corsair."  Because when assembled they have a Pirate Cookie kind of vibe.  And french = fancy, ha ha!
That is really good...but might need to play that card another time!