or Connect

Posts by jigz369

You're kidding, right?! We do the costing, you learn nothing and take the credit....
Hello all, I am curious if anyone is using Inulin in their production? I have seen it used in dairy production, but am wondering about a pasta sauce application. Any assistance/advise would be sincerely appreciated.
But you describe yourself as a former chef.....
Cooking Questionnaire 1) Sex? Male 2) How old are you? 35 – 44 3) How often do you cook from scratch? a) More than once a day 4) How often do you cook from scratch using a written [COLOR=#006666! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#006666! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]recipe[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]? (or one from a cooking program) g) Less than...
Hey, you're a cook. Why not treat your grandmother to your own specialty dish and show her that good food can have flavour without being "too spicy". I would politely inform her of your views and ask her to be open to new ideas, she may appreciate your candor and try the duck instead of the overcooked processed beef. Just my opinion though....
A typical rule-of-thumb for convection oven conversion is to reduce time and temperature by 25%, then sort out the finickey details. Just my opinion though....
Your assistance please. I have been approached by my employer and asked to determine how many degrees increase will occur when product continues to cook after removal from the oven. Specifically, if my lasagna comes out of the oven with an internal temperature of 150ºF at the center and 170ºF at the edge, will the carry-over cooking give me a median temperature of 165ºF throughout? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!
When dealing with a food-borne illness that can kill you within as little as 6 hours while showing no symptoms until the bitter end, my question to you is this. Is it really worth it when you're talking about losing some cherry tomatoes and guaranteeing your continued survival? The answer seems obvious to me; pitch them and start fresh. Just my opinion though....
Two things: 1. Buy yourself a copy of Consumer Reports that deals directly with kitchen appliances and see what they recommend. I find their opinions more helpful as they come from real users and are not influenced by the manufacturing sector. 2. If you can afford it, I would recommend looking toward induction cook tops. There is virtually no heat and they respond much more quickly than either gas or electric. Just my opinion though....
The layout looks reasonable to me, though I have not had the pleasure of cooking on a ship. As long as your chef doesn't have to take too many steps doing production, the kitchen should be efficient. Just my opinion though.... PS: Do you need a chef as well? I might be interested.