or Connect

Posts by jigz369

The government of BC has introduced a program called FoodSafe. If you look it up online, all the forms you require will be available.
I've personally never had any problem with eating red meat, or had any concern over the "humane" way they are butchered. I worked on a kill floor at a beef cutting and rendering plant and the last thing on my list was "did that poor cow feel any pain?". I'm more concerned about how that "poor cow" is going to taste after I cook it and slide a delectable slice into my waiting mouth. Just my opinion though....
I was recently reading on Chile-head.co.uk that you can now purchase pure capsacin, and it registers a whopping 16,000,000 SHU!!! Imagine the burn.....yummmmy! Just my opinion though....
[quote=oldschool1982;189951]Excuse me but isn't Alfredo a one and done sauce? Meaning one heat and eat. IMHPO it's a butter sauce that uses reduction, the cheese and a Liason to thicken it. I don't believe I've ever seen Alfredo Sauce re heat well. It's just not meant to be reheated. . Plus it's so simple to make why not just do fresh every time? If it's that important to be able to reheat.... Don't use a microwave. Do it on the stove top and add the pasta and sauce to...
Add a bit of cornstarch to the mixture and this will solve your seperation issue. Just my opinion though....
Thanks for the input Luc. Your insight is quite helpful. And how is "le belle provence" treating you these days?
No offence taken. My feeling is there is a place for the newbie to post, it is right below the culinary students section. Remember, even the moderators would prefer that the postings go in the appropriate area. I'm all for helping out and I hope I have helped when I have replied, it's just not the appropriate area for the new person to post. Just my opinion though....
Please read the header a the top of this forum: Professional caterers seeking advise does not include "someone trying to get their foot in the door". There is a place for new people to post their queries, but the "Professional Forums" is not the place. It should be left for the professionals to post. Just my opinion though....
Sadly, I think we've all had an unfortunate experience like yours. Take heart though, we have all learned and grown through these experiences. I hope your next endeavour is more successful. Good luck! Just my opinion though....
The only concern I would have is the increase in moisture in the oven when multiple cakes are being cooked. If you can set the venting correctly on the oven to eliminate excess moisture, I don't forsee any further complications. Just my opinion though....