or Connect

Posts by Suzanne

I would never consider using my burr grinder for anything that fine. There are any number of blade-type grinders that can grind much finer -- they just take attention since you can heat the coffee you're grinding a lot (as with spices ground the same way) and release oils.   The other drawback to blade grinders is an inconsistent grind -- but just pass the ground coffee through a fine sieve and that should take out any too-large bits.
And here I thought I would be the first to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DELTADOC!
The All New Fannie Farmer Boston Cooking School Cookbook, Tenth edition, Completely Revised by Wilma Lord Perkins. In a Bantam paperback edition, printed in 1968. Still have it, although it's crumbling.First thing I cooked from it: Quiche Lorraine, page 121. Although I used a frozen pie crust.
You usually toss them? Even just a little bit are the cook's reward! I freeze them, so that I don't kill myself immediately :lol:. Right now, I have some from goose and some from pork in my freezer. When I need them, I thaw them out, reheat to recrisp, and use as needed. Well, that assumes they are needed -- of course they are, for flavor!
I ended up getting a Maverick, with clock, 3 timers, and a stopwatch. Man, it is LOUD. And it was very inexpensive, at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
You might want to check out the storage tips from Amy's Bread. They have this printed up on cards that they give out. But yeah, the operative word in "fresh bread" is fresh. First day is fine; second day, if you can't repurpose it, give to a Second-Harvest food recovery-type organization. At least you get some sort of deduction, iirc.
Oh, no, not at all difficult to plate, but if you are going to use it for a pudding, don't grind/grate to crumbs, but cut into cubes. Then dry it in the oven. Even the mangled bits will work. When you make the pudding, let the mixture sit before you bake it so the liquid/custard really soaks into the bread and doesn't end up too wet when baked. Bake it in a well-greased hotel pan and let it cool and firm up. Cut into portions and reheat each portion on a sizzle plate,...
Hmm, could be. I admit I don't pay all that much attention to that any more, since I tend to buy my meats from the farmers. I'll have to look into the issue more. But back to the original question: if it's filet mignon, that's an internal cut that wouldn't normally have contact with bone, either. All you have to worry about is the handling and storage -- not a small worry, to be sure.
"Impress everyone so that you will be known"?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol: Thanks for a good laugh. Sorry, my friend. A culinary degree may get you an interview, maybe, but you'll still start at the bottom IF you even get asked to trail and prove that you can fit into the kitchen. And there are some culinary grads (not saying that chalkdust would be one, but read the boards here -- there are many :cry:) who think they should...
Depends on where you are. There are manufacturers who sell the stuff to foodservice, but they may be regional if not more local. Have you tried looking in the phone book/Googling for Indian food manufacturers? Or you could just buy a zillion cans/jars of Patak's, which I think is available all over the place. I know they do retail sizes, not sure if they do industrial.