or Connect

Posts by OregonYeti

Maybe I didn't fry it that long. I went by appearance, and they were pretty big pieces. Millions, of course you could make it as you want, but I wanted to separate the meat from the fat in the pan, to make it a leaner dish.
5 medium boneless skinless thighs, cut into pieces. Fry with 1 T of oil or less, uncovered.Stir occasionally and fry 'til browned, about 25-30 minutes, but go by appearance and not time. I took the time to take the skin off and cut the meat off the bone, but you don't have to. Sauce: mix 6 T marmalade, 1/4 c. soy sauce and 1/2 cup sugar. Warm this in the microwave. When the chicken is done, take the pieces out of the pan (and leave the oil in the pan, do not use), and...
Some foods are wonderfully complex, and some are not so wonderfully complex. What do you think is a good example of bad or great?   I think this sucks, but it isn't the worst. It's an apple turnover from Kentucky Fried Chicken       This is my current favorite hot sauce, Secret Aardvark:
Best Foods aka Hellman's. Nothing else will do. This thread looks like an advertizement for it :) I tried TJ's because they use canola, hoping it would taste as good, but no it doesn't. Hain, no thanks. Miracle Whip, if I want a sweet sandwich (or salad or whatever), but that happens about once a year at most. So it's Best Foods for me.
Thanks!
 This is my first place to ask when I've looked and haven't found it. :)
I have made a lot of pasta from scratch using white flour and using semolina flour. With either flour, the liquid added (eggs in your case are the liquid) need to be added until you get a thick dough. I think proportions in the recipe should be only a recommendation since flour varies, and eggs vary in size, and the only reliable method is to add liquid until the dough is stiff but not dry, and if you've added too much liquid add more flour.   I also use an Atlas.
I was going to start a new thread but found this old one. I am thinking about how to duplicate something I just tasted at a Hunan restaurant in the sticks (Lapine, Oregon).   My daughter's favorite food is orange chicken. A few days ago she ordered it at a restaurant we went to for the first time, and it's her favorite version, and not like any other she or I have had.   My first impression was skewered and grilled pieces of chicken thigh in a sauce made of marmalade...
I have a new favorite way of cooking chicken that I came up with. I put a little oil in a skillet, put in chicken drumsticks with skin, each topped with a sprinkle of salt, about 1/2 t. Penzey's chili con carne seasoning, and then a very thin slice of lemon including the peel. I add about 1/4 cup of water into the bottom of the pan. I cook it covered about 35 minutes at 300 without turning, adding a little water while cooking if necessary so that the pan isn't totally dry,...
I'm about to find out why people stopped cooking wheat as they do rice. I'm making some steamed wheat "berries", cooked like rice.