or Connect

Posts by OregonYeti

Looks like an interesting thread. I take it you rolled a joint with lamb in it. Just kidding. Marijuana is legal here but I don't know about lamb.
  Mmm sumac. Gotta try that.
I make it from scratch (except for using canned garbanzos sometimes). I also buy it ready made, but Sabra brand is the only one I found that I like.   Plain hummus bi tahineh, and sometimes put sambal oelek on top--yum. Pita or WW bread and cukes go nice. Or just a spoon of if plain.
About the same as cous-cous.
When I look at the list of forums, I don't see "Cooking Challenges" on the front page. I think it should be there since I think it's one of the best parts of ChefTalk. Maybe it could be listed under "Cooking Discussions"? I look for them more often than anything else. Just an idea. Just now I was looking to see if there was a challenge of cooking lamb. I could look some more and find out but I think the challenges maybe should be on the front page of the forums(?) They are...
Laurenlulu, how unbelievably sad. I am so sorry. I have two children and I can only imagine your grief. I'm glad that Josh Groban can take away some of the pain. :(
https://archive.org/details/etree has a lot of really great music. It's live show recordings. IMO about 90% of it is not that good or so-so, and 10% is great, and with the amount of music they have that turns out to be a lot of great stuff.   Steve Kimock, String Cheese Incident and Green Light are some of my favorite bands on there.   Here's a great show from Green Light. I would say they're bluesy rock.   https://archive.org/details/grl2004-06-25.shn
Looking back on this thread, I am definitely with Shel on Nancy's yogurt, for what's available in stores in the western US. Pavel's is my favorite but harder to find. Nancy's yogurt will always do great fif you like India-style yogurt. I don't buy Mountain High any more since Nancy's is better.   I've also been making my own yogurt lately and Yogotherm's Bulgarian yogurt culture is perfect for making Indian-style yogurt. I mail-order it from Homesteader's Supply.
 Could you get a hibachi? At least you could make a little something. You're much more a cook than I am, so you probably already thought about that. I will probably make this soon: sirloin or something similar, sliced a half inch thick and in strips of 4-8 inches long, marinated in a mixture of yogurt, onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then skewered and grilled, brushed with saffron-infused butter while grilling, then wrapped in lavash. That's an Iranian recipe that I...
I've tried quinoa about 5 times, recently. I don't taste the bad experience of Japan. What I do taste is a fluffy "grain" that tastes really good with some mole poblano paste mixed in. Add raw veges to make a salad.     .