or Connect

Posts by OregonYeti

I have a new favorite way of cooking chicken that I came up with. I put a little oil in a skillet, put in chicken drumsticks with skin, each topped with a sprinkle of salt, about 1/2 t. Penzey's chili con carne seasoning, and then a very thin slice of lemon including the peel. I add about 1/4 cup of water into the bottom of the pan. I cook it covered about 35 minutes at 300 without turning, adding a little water while cooking if necessary so that the pan isn't totally dry,...
I'm about to find out why people stopped cooking wheat as they do rice. I'm making some steamed wheat "berries", cooked like rice.
Thick ribeye steak with a dry rub of Penzey's mild and aromatic rogan josh spices is the bomb too. Paprika, coriander, garlic, ginger, saffron, cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne.
If you might think Indian food, use Patak's curry paste and follow the directions. Mostly frying onions, adding poultry or meat, frying more, adding water and in some cases tomatoes, simmering a bit. Served with rice, or what they don't say is that they are great with noodles too. I suggest fettucine. There are a lot of curry pastes available with very different tastes. Patak's makes it easy. They are much better than "curry powder".   I grew up in India, and have been...
I've used it to raise bread now. WW flour made into a sticky (wet) dough with yeast, put into my electric skillet disconnected from electricity, lid on into the warmer, with EVOO in the bottom of the skillet while rising. After rising I plugged in the skillet and set it to 350, cooked it with the lid on until it got a little browned on the one side, flipped it, cooked about 10 minutes more, and I'm very happy with the results. Very chewy and not dry. I'm a newbie with...
Good thing it was recalled!
 I got http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZRMJMQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1The range is 30-110 F. You have to wire in the 120/240 volts to the thermostat--It doesn't come wired. But the connections are simple if you know what you're doing (as I know you do, Luc).
Hair dryers have to be cool to the touch. The hair dryer has a built-in circuit breaker so that no one sets their hair on fire. I believe all of them do, in case something goes wrong. You do bring up a great point. A person should make sure that if they make something like this, the hair dryer should have a built-in circuit breaker somewhere since it will be left to run by itself. I believe all of them do nowadays, but best to make sure.
This works great for yogurt. I made a quart of yummy Indian yogurt, but I also could have made a lot more in one batch :) It's a big box that my new desktop PC came in.Thermostat goes from 30-110 F. It's a prototype but the results were great, so it might be a while before I make the final version. I put in the stuff to keep warm, on top of the inner box, set the thermostat which controls the hair dryer, close the flaps on top of the box, and let it sit. My final version...