or Connect

Posts by mangogirl

Yep, that is how I make it...and it rocks...I'm not looking for just emulsifying abilities for the egg yolks...I am going with the taste and the limited amounts of polyunsaturated fats I want me and my clients to have!
I use the second Mastercook program, I have spent 14 years customizing the database and have 800 recipes in it, a 42 meal plan and it gives me shopping lists, I can cost out meals or menus. I've used it as a private chef, catering chef and as a nutrition coach...it rocks!
I use raw butter, from Organic Pastures (online...they won't let me post links yet..hhmmm?) 1-877-RAW-Milk It is awesome, sweet as can be!!! Also Organic Goat Butter from my local health food store will do me in a pinch...but raw butter is awesome and WAY Healthier!!!
What makes deep frying unhealthy is frying with fats that are unstable at high temperatures. Frying, or in any way heating olive oil is horribly unhealthy. Olive oil and all vegeatble oils are for salad dressings, or dipping bread in..used for flavor. But they produce very high free radicals in the body and are highly carcenogenic when heated. Use coconut oil to deep fry in, or good old fashioned REAL lard, NOT Crisco. Coconut oil, Palm oil and butter are all very...
< Participant is not yet authorized to post links. >
I ALWAYS make my own mayonnaise, that stuff in jars is made from soy oil...something you never want in your body!! 5 organic free range egg yolks (for 10x the Vitamin A and D, not to mention flavor!) 2 T. fresh lemon juice 1 t. dijom mustard kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper (you can add roasted garlic, smoked paprika, half lime and half lemon juice with cumin, saffron, OR other seasonings) (pick one!) 1/2 cup macadamia oil, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ...
< Participant is not yet authorized to post links. >