or Connect

Posts by isaac

well, your certainlly welcome to come and intern or check out the Astoria Golf and Country Club in Oregon. I am the chef there and i love teaching people. we just taught ice carving the other night. My am crew is great. i have a wonderful baker and pastry chef and an awesome dinner crew that would also teach you tons of stuff. if you would like more info, feel free to email me at ichefisaac@aol.com
i have tons of stories.... not only from restaurants and hotels but also culinary schools and other establishments. if you havent found someone to talk too, email me at ichefisaac@aol.com and i can help in anyway i can.
Hello all! I love this new job so far but i have encountered a problem which is family meal. before i came, the waitstaff would just put in an order for that they wanted to eat. they couldnt have steak or seafood. My cooks and I had a meeting together and they said that the could get out earlier at night if they didnt have to cook peoples employee meals. So, i decided to tell the waitstaff that they needed to put there orders in by 6 pm. That worked ok but it was still...
I was wondering how you would convert a bread recipe that uses fresh yeast into a recipe that uses a sour dough starter. any ideas?
Hello all! Well, Last week, I started two sour dough starts. One with rye flour and one with unbleached flour. I am not really sure how they are doing. Every day, I take a little seed, put in a container, add water and four and then mix it up well. I let it sit at room temp for about 8 hours and then before I go home, I place it in the walk in refriderator. The question is...... how do I know they are doing good? My rye starter is tighter then my other one. My other...
Katie: There was a lot of things that rang true in your post. Do you date within the industry do to the fact that you asume they will understand your scheduel ettc or do you date outside of the industry and run the risk that they will not understand the time restraints at work? Its hards to figuar out. For the longest time, I thought too that I wouldnt date within the industry but then I fell in "love" with her and she was studing to be a pastry chef. I for...
Suzanne, When I first read your note.... I wasent sure what to think but then after a few minutes, I admit, you are right. She is young and inexperianced and I am older with a little more experiance. There were a lot of firsts for her. She was the shy type so yes, I guess you could say that I did a lot for her. Is this what I want in a relationship? When I think about it, no. I would like someone my age or a little older who can think for themselves and carry...
Well...its been about a week since she broke up with me. I still fight some of the urges to call her but I think it will change soon. I talked with her this morning and she wanted her flight info so she should get her money back. I guess i just misplaced it :). guess that is $450 down the drain for her. i know this is not the right thing to do but heck... it makes me feel better. on another note... my sour starters are turning out so well.
Well, Yesterday was better. I fought the craving to call her and productivity at work was up, which was good. I went out with my pm cooks and there wives. The got hammered and I realized that I NEVER want to hang out with people who are sooo drunk. never ever again. I got home at 3am which was 6am audrey's time so i called her. bad me! I hope it is getting better.
Today was better then yesterday. I still had urges to call her and all those other feelings.....sad, depressed, angry. I talked with her today and I tol her that I didnt want to burn any bridges with her but tol her that we couldnt be friends. I really do not think I could handle it. All of those emotions would just arise again when we talked and I do not think it is fair to me. I need to watch out for myself and I think by not being friends, it will help me in the...