or Connect

Posts by durangojo

True kuan, very true....I'm thinking that just for s&g's i will make a chess pie as a dessert special this weekend using premade roll out pie dough and see if anyone notices any difference. joey
@Panini.......when you are from the east coast and married to a new yorker, yes you do use that phrase as well as a few choice others joey
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/life/food/2014/08/29/prize-winning-pie-state-fair-investigated/14798293/ any thoughts? Guess my question on all this would be,if it were for a state fair competition, wouldn't an entrant have to make/buy a lot of pie crusts? Would someone in a small town not notice that ALL the pre made/pillsbury pie crusts were being bought up? Or did the 'winner' go to other towns over a long period of time, in the dead steel of night and buy them...
Lemoncello or orangecello if you happen to have an orange tree in your backyard there in southern sunny california! ­čî×
Oh mon, petales.....merci.
Sorry, yes it is a mushroom indeed....but a mushroom extraordinaire! After,slicing and satueeing this bad boy in butter,i can only imagine what a magical mystery tour a truffle must play on the palate......oh sweet jesus is was good! joey
Swordfish two ways... 1) grilled, brushed with green goddess dressing, topped with beefsteak tomato, basil, caper and white bean relish. Fresh wild mushroom ravioli with tuscan kale 2) swordfish souvlaki with tzatziki on grilled flatbread topped with roasted sweet peppers/onions, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes and feta.....roasted garlic/red pepper eggplant puree 3) key lime pie.....with zest 4) a customer brought me this puffball from their yard....guessing it...
All over mexico you can now buy velveeta 'con' jalape├▒os...that must say something! As an aside,something that i am not entirely proud of in terms of cooking ethics but it was such a BIG seller/ easy money item it was hard to say no. For the well heeled parties i use to cater i offered a sherried crabmeat 'fondue' made with velveeta's first cousin, 'cheese whiz'.....without a doubt at every party someone would corner me for the recipe...i tried several times to...
@cookingood4U Just a few more ideas for you to chew on......every year i cater an italian buffet..i just catered it for 80 last week and have another one next week.....even though it was a buffet and your affair is plated, a few things i have done in past years that worked well may be helpful to you...chicken in marsala mushroom sauce( boneless, skinless chicken thighs,which can be made the day before and reheated perfectly would compliment your red sauced lasagne, a rice...
Back in the times when we lived on a sailboat we spent 8 years sailing florida, from st augustine to key west, around and up to pensacola so in those years i feel that i got to get a glimpse of the real florida...the 'old' florida, not south beach with all its glitter and bling. Not to say that miami isn't wonderful in its own right, its just not the slow pace of the 'crackers'. Real southern hospitality is real in florida. Most of our time was spent on the gulf coast( the...