or Connect

Posts by durangojo

@flipflopgirlA twisted sister version of yours.....easy for big and little hands. "Chocolate 'no bake' Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies" 1/2 cup milk 2 cups sugar (i use 1/2 turbinado, 1/2 granulated sugar) 4 TBL cocoa. (i use Ghirardella) 1/4 # butter 1 cup peanut butter 1 TBL vanilla 3 cups oatmeal Bring to boil the sugar,cocoa and milk. Boil for one minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Chill for 10 minutes just to be manageable, then drop onto...
@thesandwichstopA few thoughts.....Nice looking place...clean lines and colors...i see lots of prep with your menu. My tendency would be to streamline and to un clutter your menu. by this i mean, do you really need 3 styles of chicken soup or 3 styles of chicken sandwich? 9 styles of hot chicken baguette sandwiches? do you need ham,cheese and onion as a separate sandwich from a ham and cheese sandwich? Trust me, people know how to modify food orders to get what they...
Cooking eggs perfectly time and time again is more than meets the eye...it takes a lot of precision and total focus....like steaks,people are very, very particular about their eggs..getting each table with multiple and different egg orders right and timing them all to come out at the same time hot and perfect should not be under appreciated nor should breakfast cooks. People are grumpy in the morning and they are usually in a hurry to get on with their day....
One of my specials over the weekend....5 meat bolognese(beef, pork, veal, hot italian sausage, pancetta). I tossed the ragu with a trio of fresh ravioli( spinach, wild mushroom and 4 cheese agnolotti). Usually i toss it with fresh fettuccine, but i now prefer the ravioli.....all that twirling gets tiresome! Grilled bread is smeared with an artichoke white bean tapenade.....
True kuan, very true....I'm thinking that just for s&g's i will make a chess pie as a dessert special this weekend using premade roll out pie dough and see if anyone notices any difference. joey
@Panini.......when you are from the east coast and married to a new yorker, yes you do use that phrase as well as a few choice others joey
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/life/food/2014/08/29/prize-winning-pie-state-fair-investigated/14798293/ any thoughts? Guess my question on all this would be,if it were for a state fair competition, wouldn't an entrant have to make/buy a lot of pie crusts? Would someone in a small town not notice that ALL the pre made/pillsbury pie crusts were being bought up? Or did the 'winner' go to other towns over a long period of time, in the dead steel of night and buy them...
Lemoncello or orangecello if you happen to have an orange tree in your backyard there in southern sunny california! 🌞
Oh mon, petales.....merci.
Sorry, yes it is a mushroom indeed....but a mushroom extraordinaire! After,slicing and satueeing this bad boy in butter,i can only imagine what a magical mystery tour a truffle must play on the palate......oh sweet jesus is was good! joey