or Connect

Posts by durangojo

http://youtu.be/ojydNb3Lrrs
TAO
I've done it a few ways but always with a vinaigrette of some sort...lemon or honey lime or with the vibrant yet subtle southwest flavors of cumin,cilantro,roasted corn and chipotles. Sometimes just evoo, good salt, fresh ground pepper and celery. Sweet potatoes take on flavor like a duck to water.....a 'traditional' greek dressing would work well i think....maybe with some feta and mint tossed in.....that sort of thing. .....a mint vinaigrette could be fun. joey
Roasted sweet potato salad
You could use the tomato vodka sauce for your appetizer meatballs or use it as is for your new revised tortellini/penne/ vegetable dish. You could also use the vodka sauce as a base and add a basil, sun dried tomato or roasted red pepper pesto to it along with a bit more cream.....a total toss up for me...A good simple tomato vodka sauce is a grand thing, as is a good creamy basil pesto sauce. Sometimes it just comes down to personal preference and of...
Here's my two cents... Your menu seems a bit wonky, as in unbalanced and mismatched..a penne with vodka sauce, a pasta salad, roasted potatoes and a potato salad seem a bit carb heavy...a rice pilaf may be a better choice....yes on a greens salad and perhaps even another type of vegetable salad like green beans or asparagus with a vinaigrette....or a caprese salad with fresh mozzarella....or a platter of mixed grilled vegetables( zucchini, squash, mushrooms, eggplant,...
False sense of security indeed....i work with some kitchen guys who wear gloves when they eat their lunch..go figure....when they go to the bathroom they come back in with the gloves still on....the gloves are the purplish blue ones so its hard not to notice.... What about bare feet? I currently work with a chef who wears flip flops in the kitchen....on the line, expediting, in the dining room dealing with customers....is this even legal? Even for easy breezy california...
full screen pleaseā€¦.. http://youtu.be/Y3-4cgkSoZ4
A sign i drove past every day on my way to work in southeastern arizona a few winters back. Ummmm...self explanatory... not a road sign per se but one that i truly adore....it's from a very small tasting room in the very small town of pescadero, california where i am spending the winter working....
Koukou,Imo i don't believe that any of us were being either judgmental or unsupportive....being unsupportive would mean that no one would offer up a word...we simply would not care enough to get involved. I think that if you re read the posts you may see that most of us come from a place of curious concern, not of badgering. It isn't always easy to read between the lines here....and so it goes/went with FF....perhaps we(i)did not read FF's original post carefully enough to...