or Connect

Posts by kuan

For reference and educational purposes.  I hope you can read them.    
Looking at Fritz Sonnenschmidt's book:   Furst ;) incubation phase, 2 days at 70F, 75-85% humidity.   Second is 50-60F, no humidity given, and can take up to 8 months depending on the type of Salami..  Wonder why he doesn't give the humidity.
Freeze the block and put on slicer if you want quick.    But it's ugly.
I still believe bidsheets are better than contracts.
Was anyone surprised?  I must say I was, but it is very conceivable that this kind of thing happens.  I'm not saying other things don't happen which are just as bad as slavery in the fishing industry, I'm just pointing out my surprise.  I am also going to be very careful about where I buy my fish from now on.   I am not approaching this issue as any kind of activist, but I realize I do have a stake in this, and I will do my part.   And yes, if you don't mean to derail...
I have always known that other consumer goods are produced by workers in extremely poor conditions.  Maybe at some point Nike was producing shoes in factories run by slave labor, but I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen anymore.   I can see how this can happen in the fishing industry.  Pirates, slaves, all can pass unseen by very nature of the environment.  I'm going to be even more vigilant about the fish I eat nowadays.
Have a read.   http://interactives.ap.org/2015/seafood-from-slaves/
Florentine powder.   Puff pastry sheets.   Couverture chocolate.   Pound cake.   Ladyfingers.   Chocolate cups in all kinds of shapes and sizes.   Make a huge batch of buttercream twice a week,, chocolate ganache, and pastry cream and you're totally set.     Get some fresh berries and assemble your dessert for the day.  :D :D    Better yet, buy some nice glassware and layer it up.  
You either need to emulsify properly, add an emulsifier, or do it daily, but, I don't think this is an emulsion.  You don't have two different liquids like oil and vinegar.  You just have a bunch of garlic particles you want to suspend in the liquid, so it's really more like a suspension, like a pesto.   I would say just do it daily in small batches and shake or stir it up when you need to use it.
@Justa Chef you must be thinking about @The novice's post.   In any case, I would like to ask everyone to please tone it down a notch.   Thank you.