or Connect

Posts by kuan

I made a steak salad.  
These kinds of skills I'd rather hire out.  What does it cost to learn?
Can I come see your smoker next time I'm down there Mary?
I actually know what I need in a smoker now.  Seems like some kind of insulation is good and a nice good seal too.  Plus a good design so it heats evenly and very adjustable venting too.   I just have to figure out what I can sell to make this happen.  ;)
 My weakness.  I mean I am weak on salad.
Eh Mise, you might win if you put a few more pictures and descriptions of the steps and dressing involved.
Ooh OK.  I didn't mention price range because this morning I had no idea how much these things could cost!  I was thinking $300 but I guess I'll have to rethink things a bit.      @oldschool1982 good to see you check in once in a while.  :)
I suppose I could learn.  It's just I am so used to a flat smoker.
I really need the surface area though.  Ideally a side box mount one because I know how to get good results with one.  I'm not so sure I know how to use one where the heat is coming from the bottom.
So I'm currently using a smoker from Menard's.  Not bad, but the grate is only around 500 square inches.   http://www.onepot.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Char-Griller-1224-Smokin-Pro-830-Square-Inch-Charcoal-Grill.jpg   I would like one at least twice as large so if anyone has any recommendations I'd like to hear it.  Ahem... @oldschool1982  ;)  Yes I am calling you out.  You owe me advice!  ;)