or Connect

Posts by kuan

Probably put a sheet pan over it too.
Heh here's one:   Slamming a bag or box of frozen stuff on the floor will break it apart.
You should call the starch or gum manufacturer and get the specs on the starch or gum.  They have technical sales staff to help with exactly this kind of thing.
Scale your fish in a big plastic bag.
Whenever I store agar gel in the fridge for a couple of days I find it releases some liquid.  Without going into details, are there general rules for working with this stuff?
Golf is not doing well.   http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-05-23/golf-market-stuck-in-bunker-as-thousands-leave-the-sport
Your cakes are going to be your challenges.  Allow yourself three screwups on your first Genoise if you are making it the traditional way.   Other than that it seems pretty straightforward and remember to ask where the Macaron silpats are hidden.
I just saw him last summer.  :(
Believe it or not, your ability to manage a situation like this and turn it into a positive is an important part of your growth.  For example "Not finished" is a very common occurance nowadays but it still can be as good as you can do.  Not finished can be worked on later on as well.     Chef's drug use is his problem.  There is nothing you can do about it.  At this level you should have a level of trust where you can be extremely frank with the chef behind closed doors....
Roux at the end.