or Connect

Posts by kuan

I know what I'll get you for you for your birthday.  In all seriousness though, this is why I like to move the microplane and hold the item steady.  But if have a box style microplane you just have to pray you don't get some extra protein in your soup.  ;)   
The people who grow the produce are not getting paid more.  The people who harvest and butcher the animals are not getting paid more.  The people who prepare the food are not getting paid more.  People who go to restaurants don't want to pay more but want more more more.   What's left?  ;)   Just because food is getting more costly doesn't mean an automatic rise in menu prices will fix things.  People just don't have the money these days.
You would want the opportunity to step up I think.  Chicago is a damn fine city.  Get in, do your 2000 people banquets, and then maybe there will be an opening for you.
@oldschool1982 It's already cooked and the hot clarified butter would do it.  I think?  I might try it out but my blender requires a lot of butter.
Say you have a block of parmesan cheese which fits in your hand.  Do you   1)  Grab the block of cheese and rub it against the microplane   or   2)  Hold the block of cheese steady and grate the microplane against the cheese?
Rent a container and put it outside the back door.
There is so much more you need to fill in, mainly, what is your position right now?
I just re-read his post.  It looks like he is doing 1/4"x1/4" dice.  If that were the case then I'd just straight toss them in the frier.
Wait, you are doing cubes?
What if you cook the liason first, then set it in the fridge.  When it comes time to make a batch just use the hot butter blender method.  Will that work?  Never tried it.