or Connect

Posts by kuan

I don't count, I just use every pan!  :)  
 Either that or just run the roast as a special.  When it's gone it's gone.
 In certain situations yes, but you can't really argue with the chef/owner about how it is in his restaurant.
Speaking of butchering this is the time of year when bone saws go on sale.  I just saw a 30" one at Mill's Fleet Farm for $11.99.
I would start with learning basic techniques.  Start from the earth (or water) then to the kitchen to the table.
 I think in this industry we learn a lot of things the hard way. I stabbed my hand with an oyster knife.  Believe me that was no fun.
 It's really an exaggeration, I mean 27 pans.  Nobody uses that many.  (do they?)
It's not the physical aspect of cooking.  It's the expectation set upon yourself, or sometimes, by others.  People look at magazines and see things like lasagna with bolognese and set out thinking the end result is going to be like the stuff they ate at some $40/plate Italian restaurant.  27 pans and a dog with a stomachache later they're still scrubbing the burnt pasta off the bottom of the pan and wondering what happened.   No more, they eat out from now on.   People...
There are some good things you learn from that though.  Like the flat surface rule.  The onion must be stable, or whatever you are cutting.  Otherwise you run the risk of cutting yourself.
Dear LCB instructor, when dicing an onion keep the root side on.  It holds the onion together which makes it easier to dice.