or Connect

Posts by kuan

And your restaurant???
 You sure started an interesting discussion though.  Weird bunch of people discussing the nuances of fish sauce.    I mean, this is why I walk around wondering if I'm a bit odd, then I come here and sure enough I know I'm odd.
I was just watching the new Emeril show "Emeril Eats the World" where he went to Italy and was hanging out with Nancy Silverton.  They showed them making fish sauce using alternating layers of anchovies and salt.  They let it ferment and they let the sauce drip out a hole in the bottom of the vessel.
 Fish sauce is already bad, by definition.
OK seriously here.  You can do production yourself but you have to be very efficient.  I worked in a pastry shop once under an extremely proficient pastry chef.  Production for about 15 hours of work per day was more or less...   50 baguettes in two batches 4 cheesecake 4 truffle mousse cakes 20 focaccia 12 servings strudel or some other pastry 20 creme brulee or chocolate mousse   If you work yourself for 5 hours you might achieve one batch baguettes plus 2-4...
Lack of experience, server got sidetracked, bad relationship with the FOH, too busy to care?   Sometimes you can bring one plate and forget the other.   Honest mistake but it should never happen.  The whole table should be served at once with runners if a server can't do it with one person.   Lack of experience?  Not knowing that these kinds of things can cause problems, not reading the ticket properly so by the time they read the ticket both portions have been fired...
 Donut shop would be around 5am though.  :)  It's a bit simpler.
Yes you can, in a small town, where rent is very low.   Electric ovens.   One triple sink.   Wake up at 2am.  Work, close at 11am.
Careful with the fish sauce!  
Good, cheap, fast.  :)  Although people seem to be OK with not so fast if the food is either very good or very cheap.   But good food is really important.