or Connect

Posts by kuan

Using firm tofu is almost like making a totally different dish. There's not much you can get into the tofu as far as flavor is concerned.  To me the dish is a blend of silky tofu with highly seasoned bits of hot and spicy pork.
Your menu looks like it would be cost prohibitive.  At places with eight meats on the menu there is always a line.  I mean always. I just got home from Kansas City and ate at three BBQ places.  There was always a line, and I mean 10-20 people at minimum.   Your place seats a hundred.  I would cut it down to two smoked items, brisket and pork, and then do your regular burgers and things.
I would think 2/3 the chef's salary or thereabouts.  
Right, seriously, if you don't have a bandsaw take it to a processor and see if they can do something for you.  They'll then wrap it back up, stamp it not for resale and give it back to you.
My pet peeve is setting a pan on a cutting board.
And you're not even working that hard because some places where the work is the hardest you stage for like months.  ;)
I would take a bandsaw to it.
It will be more efficient that's for sure.  And in most cases (depending on the insulation and control systems) the temperature fluctuation is less.
And dump the jus that seeps out onto your plate back into the gravy.  ;)
Well something has changed.   First of all, we cannot guess your ability, experience, or recipe.  If you need help you need to provide a recipe.   Are you cooking by time or by feel? You need to cook the choux paste properly.  Then when incorporating the eggs you need to make sure they are not cooked.  My guess is the choux paste may be cooking the eggs.  Of the two technique steps I just mentioned, this is more likely to be the cause of your choux not rising.   Then...