or Connect

Posts by kuan

Since they started growing them to look pretty and taste like crap? 
I'm just annoyed that somehow we, as a society, believe that processed foods are our first option, therefore we need to fix the problem of processed foods by somehow fixing the processes and laws surrounding processed foods.   The solution is to eat as close to the natural source as possible.  There are people who believe that organic processed foods are better than just plain old chicken even though they are processed horribly.  Face it, 20 grams of organic sugar is...
That Starbucks stuff you get in the tube is pretty good.  I keep a few of those on me when I go travelling.
Just another one of these band aid solutions.   https://secure3.convio.net/ucs/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=4515&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=fb&s_src=socnet&s_subscr=facebook
What cut are you using exactly?  There is some opportunity here for what we now call craft butchery.   You can cook with the bone on and remove it to serve.   You can remove the cap like you said and use it as another cut.   You can leave the bone on _and_ carve at tableside.   You can offer a portion for two, bone on, and carve it tableside.   etc. etc. . . . etc.
When you do the stretch wrap, wrap it from the bottom up.  I mean put the pan on the wrap, then bring the wrap around the sides and up around the top.   Then insulated cambros.  This should be your go to transport for everything.
This is a good opportunity for you to take the time to actually figure out what pp. means to you.  You need to explain to yourself and then make sure there is an understanding with the client.   In general, on menus,  more vague measurements like pp. or per slab are accompanied with more objectives like "a generous 8oz portion of pulled pork" or "six ribs from the large side or seven from the small."   You might want to actually state specifically what per pan means...
You still see some of that stuff at family gatherings.  Like jello and ground canned ham terrine.  OMG.  
No, because we don't really have a choice.  We get the best we can and make the most of it.
An assortment of three types of mushrooms.  Oregon Chanterelles, Black Trumpets, and Hedgehogs.  Steaks too of course.     Brown the steaks and finish them in the oven.     In the meantime, saute the mushrooms with butter and herbs.  Deglaze with red wine and add demiglace to make the sauce.     Steak and Mushrooms.  :D     A closeup.     So this is the last day.  I will acknowledge that in some parts of the world that it's the 1st of March.  But...