or Connect

Posts by kuan

Nice.  I use scissors to cut the fins, then pull the skin off with pliers.
I do like Charlie Trotter.  If you had talked to the man you would see that not only was his cuisine extremely progressive, but you would be impressed by way he thought about the world, his cooks, and the people around him, and the people who visited his place.  He really put people first, and everyone felt like an important person when they met him.
 Pretty much what I was thinking.  Puree a gallon of root veg. soup?  Sure.
Your mascarpone is broken.  There is nothing you can do.
Nothing new.   http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/bone-broth-is-hot-ham-water-1693220333
You can not mix rice because different types of rice will require different amounts of liquid.   Chinese restaurant rice is a normal medium grained rice.  It is like Jasmine rice without the fragrance.  I would just buy a new crop Jasmine rice.  Get it early in the season, which is now, and don't expect the new crop to still be new come September.  The fragrance is the best.   So 1.5 cups of water per 1 cup of rice for Jasmine rice.   Use 2 cups of rice because 1 cup...
I never liked cleaning them.  They are great if you have a floor drain.     Ours didn't see much use except for chicken stock and spaghetti sauce.  Even then nobody liked using it.
It depends.  Is it Robuchon or Perkins?
You need to leave then before you get caught up in all of this.   There is no excuse for unprofessionalism.
No, no tips really, use the heck out of them?  ;)  Congrats!