or Connect

Posts by kuan

I would brown for 30 minutes at 450F then turn the oven down to 225 for 1 hour, temp it, then adjust your oven temperature up if it's still below 100.  It's really hard to tell because of the starting internal temperature of the meat.  You'll just have to keep checking.   You can get away with your method as well but start it early so the inside comes up to temp.  I would have no idea how long this will take. Probably 4 hours?  Hold it, then turn the oven up like you...
I like my Strips in a pan, Ribeye on a grill.  My favorite pan method is to first render some beef fat in the pan, sear the steaks, add mushrooms, thyme, whole garlic, and butter to make a baste, and continually baste it as it cooks.   http://www.cheftalk.com/a/beef-in-a-pan-demystified
 These were supposed to be 21-25 but I think they are slightly smaller.
MMmm...    I just picked up some Argentinian Red Shrimp from Trader Joe's.  Boy they taste like tiny lobsters!  A great first time experience! 
Allow me to be ascerbic.  To me, you are already making an excuse.  Even if nobody else cares or notices, you should.  You should be the one making sure you are there on time. So what if it's not an issue?  What next, you're tossing the last bit of salad dressing without scraping the pan?  Nobody cares, it's not an issue.  But it could cost you and your coworkers your jobs.
Cured meats.
I think your intuitions are telling you something is weird about the way food is sold in the supermarket, and it is.  The way produce is picked and stored, genetically altered for color and size, the fact that it is cheaper to import some foods says it all.   There is no true seasonality in the USA, except perhaps for Peaches, Apricots, and Plums.  :(
 I would just take his recipe and multiply by 150.  But you are trying in a weird way to ask us to figure out the recipe. It is rather strange, hence the strange responses.
Do you think it will survive the winter?  I plan to transfer some of my herbs indoors and plant some microgreens but this may be an option for me next year.