or Connect

Posts by kuan

OH yeah, like chefross says, the finish garnish too.  When you put that fresh stuff on there, fresh oils, fresh aromatics, when they hit the hot beans it makes it a whole different dish.
http://www.cheftalk.com/t/79402/how-do-i-get-successful-souffles-for-service   The consensus is pre bake.  Apparently that is how it's done on Royal Carribean cruise ships.  I've never done it so ask someone with more experience.
Bacon, ;) and put them in a flavorful broth or gravy.  When you cook them, use whole mirepoix, add aromatics like bay leaf and parsley.  But really they're kinda like tofu, forget it if you want to get flavor into the bean itself.   So for example when I cook my red beans for red beans and rice, I will cook it with a ham hock, then remove everything and use some of the liquid and puree some of the beans with it.  This makes for a "gravy" of sorts.
 This.   Other thing is this sounds like the chef is trying to get his ego stroked.
95 is a little low for anything.  That's blue.  It has to be at least above body temperature to be rare.   
I want to clear out my pantry and I have a whole bunch of beans.  There are people coming over tonight but I can't really think of anything else to do with it.
Now I want a beef.
Salt the water for one.  Create a sauce for the turkey?
I would try a crock pot.  When you boil the juices that are in the beef that's when the beef gets tough.
I thought beefs were cooked to rare and then sliced, gently reheated in broth?