or Connect

Posts by kuan

Yep that was the article.  I suppose this is now a fact of life.   I did this analysis once where I worked and found we could seat twice the number of people during lunch if the servers stopped trying to sell dessert.  Boy if your place relies on quick turns that smartphone could kill your business.
Read this.  This is so true!   http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/rnr/4562386373.html
You should have the one from June the previous year too and see what moved.
There are many things you have to look at.  Without knowing more detail it's really tough to answer the question.   In general, when going into a new place, you look at the big picture and move toward the details.  So the overall PNL first, then the first layer which is the food cost then the labor, then you go beyond that.  
 I just died a little too from reading this. Unfortunately for you this is not your place.   Do get your feet wet in a hotel like the Hilton/Hyatt or country club which has multiple outlets.  This will give you a glimpse of how you can actually care while makiing money.
If the $8 is a benefit then it is considered compensation and subject to the same rules.  You pay all applicable taxes as an employee and an employer.  If this is the case then it's fine.  Employee just buys a meal and kicks in the extra couple bucks.   If the $8 is deducted as an expense then it is only allowable for the actual food cost.  You cannot deduct against the menu pricing.  You cannot ring up a $35 item where the food cost is $8. That's $27 worth of cheating....
My condolences to Pete's family.  Pete, you were one of the best.  Thank you again.   Kuan
 He can't do that unless he's actually spending those $8.
Weird.   You can pay someone $8 for their meal or you can deduct $8 from their paycheck.   Which one is it?
It's the owner's money.  You should ask chef this:  How would you feel if you had $50 deducted out of your paycheck each week to pay the bills?  That's how the owner feels.