or Connect

Posts by kuan

Duck confit!  Without bones maybe.
Is it possible to do the cooking step without bones?
I think it would be better if you first got a job in the industry.
Peel them, put them in water, in the fridge.
I don't agree with the Health Inspector that it would be fine if it's made from powdered base, but still, I would still keep the stock refrigerated.
You have to remake it.  Make a smaller batch and then drizzle the broken vinaigrette into the freshly made vinaigrette.
If you make a brown roux it will taste like fried chicken.  That's good or bad depending on your point of view.
That's a lot of ovens.  In my house the baking gets done in the morning, the cooking gets done when it needs to get done, just not in the morning when the baking gets done.   In reality, my wife makes the bread for the week (five days really) once a week and that is the only real necessary use of the oven.  The rest of it is pleasure baking or quick breads or biscuits which occupies the oven for an hour at best.   I find one oven cranked to 450F works for an entire night...
1)  Your kitchen must flow.  So, raw prep -> cook -> plate.   2)  Counter space   3)  Huge sink   4)  Easy access storage   5)  Small enough so you are not running a marathon every time you make dinner           You need an oven underneath the stove believe me.  You don't want to be running across the room to finish stuff in the oven.
@IceMan has posted some nice tips before.