or Connect

Posts by kuan

Korma style potatoes.
I wouldn't mind if FF went again.  Any objections?
 Yeah give it at least a page of wrong guesses before we start googling.
 Yes there is a difference.  There are two ways to get a Certified Culinarian, or CC.  You can go to school that has an alliance with the ACF or you can do an apprenticeship and go to school at the same time.  Going to school basically bypasses the apprenticeship program.   But it's also an indicator that the school you attended had some kind of ACF approval.   I'm pretty sure some of your instructors are ACF certified.  Maybe ask them more specific questions?
Yes and no. At the lower level it doesn't matter too much.  It is however a recognition of achievement.  As you progress you can decide to do ACF or Prochef.  Prochef is newer but it is more rigorous and if I were in the industry nowadays I would do Prochef.    ACF, if you are a member, is a lot about the chapters and hanging out with other people like you.  The conventions are great.
Oh that is good!
Tom, where is "here?"  
One thing I never did in the pro kitchen when roasting chicken was to dump the juices out of the cavity.  I do it all the time at home though and it seems the chicken turns out better this way.  Of course I'm only doing one chicken at home whereas in the hotel kitchen I'd be doing a whole case of chickens.  They never turned out with crispy skin when I did them in large amounts.   I wonder if the juices keep the temp a little lower.   Thoughts?
 Oh wait!  I got it!  Pickle!  
 I'm just speculating.  I only know Indian food from what my friends call it and what I see in restaurants.