or Connect

Posts by bughut

Spent the first part of my american vacation in Fort Payne Alabama and my experimental product here was catfish.   Onion, jallapeno, garlic, eggplant, courgette, asparagus pieces were sautéed and were the base.Basmati rice stirred in, then  white wine reduced then chicken stock till just about cooked. in another pan catfish steaks and shrimp are fried with evoo, crushed cumin seeds,coriander seeds, 1/4 pkt crab cake mix and finished with key lime juice   Everything...
Once again my American vacation is full of experimenting with food we dont get in Scotland. In Alabama it was catfish. in Louisiana I found a huge bunch of turnip greens and after chatting with another shopper in win dixie how she would deal with it, i came up with this pie. Its an all butter pastry balled and pushed into a foil tray and blind baked. (Not much in the way of equipment cos were in rented holiday properties) Sautéed thinly sliced russet potato with onion...
thank you Koukou.   Mise, you dish has great style. No wonder you got the job...Good luck
 im wondering the same...i'm on holiday in New Orleans and experimenting with turnip greens for the first time...made a pie with sautéed potatoes,onions and turnip greens I'd like to submit
looks gorgeous and so good your wee one is being encouraged to be adventurous
Interested to know the difference...it's always gd to see another's slant on a traditional dish
What did you do with the salmon loomchick?       Number 3 son is just back from 5 weeks charity work in Cambodia and fueled with a passion for the local food, so here is Amok chicken in bamboo leaf with sticky rice, asparagus and spinach. It was sublime. The wee drizzle of coconut milk and red chilli really made it
I'll be in Alabama the last week in September and I hear the lost luggage outlet is THE place to shop. Im wondering if it really is as good as it sounds. Have any of you been there?
You're so right Mary. I was well warned about rushing things and as you say, getting the meat on earlier is the way. Thanks for the cooler idea   Bug
    pork wasn't quite ready in time for dinner. I always had a contingency plan, cos we had folk over and im not about to serve a disaster if i can help it. Bit of a disappointment, as some folk remembered the old cow and chicken cartoons and were looking forward to pork butts n taters. We did slice the meat later with garlic bread to help soak up the alcohol So dinner was Taters and prawns with cous cous Chicken thighs and rather well fired (caramelised)...