or Connect

Posts by AndyG

Brinjal bohot theek asse' koob bhal In my experience in Assam, eggplant is great the way they make it there!
Tonight I started my own brand of roasting. Or perhaps a very old brand, but anyway I'm having fun. I loved the flavors, and this time it's a thin layer of raw Italian sausage in the broiling pan with some thick sliced onions. After it got hot I added some carrots and garlic, on top of the sausage. After that started getting hot I added some canned tomatoes and some ancho chiles. When that starts spitting I'll add some potatoes and cover it. I'm starting to get good at...
For me it was airplane food. It's as if I was hostage. I had no choice but to eat it since I was starved and I would have gladly had Domino's pizza instead. Airplane food used to be pretty good, years ago.
Pepper is also taken for granted. For example, fresh Tellicherry peppercorns and supermarket ground pepper are different phyla :D At least in taste.
Hello Hairul, Nice to meet you. I'm not in the culinary business, but I like this site. I grew up in India and am now in Oregon USA. Have fun! I'd like to know some of your perspective and experiences with food. Other topics are fun too :^)
I haven't read this book, but saw the movie, and it's one of my favorites. On the other hand, I read the book Congo and it's one of my 2 favorite novels. Later the movie came out and it wasn't that great, so I heard, so I didn't see it. I didn't want to tarnish the book experience. My other favorite book is Shibumi, by Trevanian.
The veges turned out superb, with carmellized onion/tomato/sweet potato juice that stuck nicely on the potatoes. The meat turned out kind of tough, but the veges were the point anyway, this time.
Any of you got a recipe for sea lampreys? In Portugal they go for up to $25 a pound. Perhaps that is partly because they wiggle even after you cut the head off. Do any of you have experience with them? Slimy and prehistoric? I'll have it cooked in blood - Yahoo! News
Ralph Nader's pet fish wooo hooo
I would like to vote for the Quaker Oats guy. How do I find a ballot for an unknown candidate?