or Connect

Posts by Clint

The biggest thing to stress when sharpening a knife is to do every stroke EXACTLY the same, even when pulling through a ceramic rod sharpener, which I personally hate. They kind of hit a wall after a while where your knife simply wont get sharper. Stones are definately the way to go. I use a diamond stone and get my knives sharp enough to shave hair by pushing the knife at a low angle mantaining forward motion in an arc, flip it, and repeat 10-20 times depending on the...
Cat Man: Oh no! I hope water didnt get in the fryers. There is nothing more ominous sounding than the death pops coming from a fryer with water in it. I once heard of a guy that stuck a snowball in one. First there was running away, then lots of cleaning.
boar_d_laze: Wait a minute, key limes are yellow when ripe? Does the flavor of the pie change as it is baked and cooled? Because when I taste tested the custard it tasted nice and limey then when I tasted the finished product the lime flavor seemed to mellow out on me. All these recipes look similar to the one I used so I think Ill just keep taste testing my custard until perfection. Part of it may be my personal bias that interfered, when I think pie I think...
Thanks guys, I will give these a try.
Hey there, I tried allrecipes.com for a key lime pie and the one I used was VERY strong, tried cutting the lime juice down a little for the second attempt then the condensed milk taste was to prevalent. So does anybody have a good solid recipe? Im making this for a friend, it's their favorite dessert so I want it to come out delicious as she's had many many different versions of it. Thanks much! -Clint
Thanks, the reason I ask is that im under doctors orders to not have any quantity of alcohol over a few sips and considering the way I eat I figure I'de definately exceed that. With the slight evaporation you mentioned I think I should be alright though :) Whats more is that i'm new to adding alcohol to foods while cooking at home as its a pain to obtain a bottle of wine being 18 and all. I've been put off to wine in foods beause I remember once having angel hair...
Does anybody know at what temp. alcohol dissipates from foods?
Oddly enough I've heard of the #5 can tortilla bowl thing as well, and it came from a lady that worked at a hospital cafeteria :rolleyes: Remembered some new ones. Had to change 3 fryers and somebody had broken the fry hook. I can't even comprehend how you BREAK a quarter inch thick steel instrument but it happened. So I bent the handle of an old fryer skimmer intro a big C looking thing and it worked better than the real thing due to its thickness, go figure. ...
WOW, now that is some cool heading thinking, I think I would just crawl in the walk in and hide if I was running a place that lost its gas.:lol:
I'll be a third to Bubbamom's argument. The government is implying that we don't know what's good for us and can't make informed decisions as consumers. There are always going to be "hazardous" food items, have you ever looked at the back of TV dinners? One I found had something like 800 calories and you know what I did? Put it back because I don't need uncle Sam to play mom and keep me from eating it. Don't even get me started on people who want to have Mcdonalds...