or Connect

Posts by LotusCakeStudio

Shroomgirl, I'm not doing all of the catering. Just the desserts. It's 100 people and live bands are playing. At first they just wanted everything to be self-serve finger food on paper plates since it's pretty informal (parents are spending the big bucks on the wedding/formal reception; the couple have to pay for the after party themselves), but as soon as I mentioned flambe, etc. they got excited and are now open to the idea of it being a bit nicer than a paper plate...
Heehee I saw a familiar "face" (name) alright! My husband could hear me from his office down the hall squealing at the TV, "I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!" Can I get your autograph? ;)
Is there such a thing? I've searched and searched no no luck. I've tried making them before and they definitely didn't look the same. How the heck do they get the finished results so darn big? It is something only a machine can do? What would be another good garnish idea? I whole sale a 3-layer hazelnut cake with decaf espresso buttercream and. Right now I stick a boring decaf hazelnut flavored coffee bean on each rosette. I want something bigger and better. ...
Thanks for posting. :) Once the bride finds the venue for the after party, I'll make arrangements to take a look at the space to see if it's possible. They had it set it that they could use her uncle's restaurant for free, but some family strife happened and the offer was taken back. So with 6 months to go, they are still looking. I asked this question on another board and one woman charges $50/hour just to stay to cut and box the cake. Another woman who's...
I'm doing a vegan wedding cake for a young couple who are also having an after party later that evening with 100 guests. They are ordering a small version of the wedding cake to serve only 40 people for the after party and I will be doing a dessert buffet of minis. I am charging separate for the after party cake and $5.25/head for the minis. I will swing by, set it up, then leave. Since they wanted something different, I suggested a flambe station and they were...
Chefboy, that's good that you mentioned the needles thing! Some people are just plain stupid and don't know any better! An old friend of mine from high school is now a professional tattoo artist, but I remember when he was scratching. Oh. my. word. For the longest time he had only ONE needle. We worked together for a while at a small record store outlet. He brought his machine in one day to show us and offered to ink any of us right there on the spot. I didn't mind...
I have 14 tattoos. Eleven of them are matching. (For you yoga buffs, they're over each of my chakra points except my forehead). All of them are religious and I don't regret any of them. I'm not sure if I would get a pastry related one. Kokopuffs, I agree that the Japanese style is beautiful, but there are many talented artists here. I think it really depends on the design too. Some things look better with thicker lines. A lot of times when you see bad tattoos,...
Mich, I'm not sure if it was from the same manufacturer or not, but I think the shake down theory might explain it. It looked and felt the same except now looking at it again, I do notice one difference: there aren't any chunks. In the previous batches, there were always a few chunks here and there that didn't get ground into flour. So that leaves me to believe it could have been the shake down at the bottom. I didn't scoop it myself so I'm not sure. I buy it from a...
Are you talking about wheat flour or nut flour? I've never heard of ground up nuts dehydrating. ???
Several months ago, I started buying hazelnut flour from a bulk foods store. The recipe I use calls for one cup. When I first started using it, I weighed this out several times and it was always roughly 4 oz. so for months, this is what I've been using. I buy about 2 - 3 pounds at a time and every batch has been the same. With the most recent batch, it looked like the others. Felt like the others. Then I mindlessly weighed out 4 oz. into the KitchenAid bowl. When I...