or Connect

Posts by Lana

Jayme---I concur1 I got a Pamered Chef stone and it is fantastic. They now sell them in several sizes and shapes and they even have baking dishes made of the material. I do not sell PS so I am not intentionally promoting them! Ever one in my family has one and the only person who had a problem used it wet. I realize KY that you already purchased, but for those visiting this thread later...thought I would go a head and give another nod to the Pamered Chef.
I think it is pretty prevalent in the food industry. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themsleves. Sure, you may have a few establishments that do not have drug using staffs, but I think it is more often than not. I say this, though, from MY experience in MY town. May not be the case in YOUR town. Food industry workers are amoung the lowest paid workforce in the country. I have a study somewhere with numbers to back it up. I will try hunt it and post with...
Me too. It sucks. Stainless is the way to go.... As far as cast iron though, I have been using it more often lately. I just inherited my grandma's pans. I love making corn bread in the square pan. I also have a big dutch oven that we used for chili, but after reading foodpump's comments about not doing acidic stuff in cast iron, I will have to rethink. The only thing I don't like is the clean up. No soap. I have forgotten a couple times and I think I messed up a...
OK ya'll...I just got back from Target with my new KitchenAid mixer. I bought the UltraPower model. Better than classic but the Artisan Model. And....I am very diappointed. The unit itself is very heavy and nice, but the attachments are garbage. I can just see them snapping in half the first time I try to make bread. They are like chrome painted plastic---extremely lightweight. I just know they won't hold up. I am debating on taking it back, that is how...
I was wondering the same thing!?!?!
I don't grill myself but my boyfriend does and he's pretty darn good....but not the rib. We have tried cooking them all kinds of ways and the last time I swore I would never take part in another rib cooking again. He has a chargriller-grill/smoker--charcoal and wood fired. He has smoked them for 12 hours, grilled for less, and somewhere in between. Everytime these things are truely horrible....tough, leathery, almost inedible. What meat you do manage to pry off the...
I was thinking about those. Have either of you heard of schiacciata?
Yes....please forgive. You are correct. I always get confused on when to put Mexican, Latin, Spanish....always trying to be PC and not offend. I was afraid that the tortilla was used in more places than mexico so I went with spanish!!!! Anywho....thanks for clearing.
OK...I have been think about flat breads used for rolling up fillings. The Spanish have tortilla, Indian/M.E. have naan/pita and the Chinese have the wonton. The Japanese and Koreans use seaweed and cabbage, respectively, and let's not forget Lavash. But what is the Italian version of a flat roll bread? I thought --at first-- it may be the pizza crust, but after really thinking about it....it couldn't be because traditionally the pizza is crisp (not like New York...
OK...I was thinking pasta, but I'll buy seafood. Thanks! I have been wondering that for years. Some restaurants have 3 prongs but most have 4, so there hasn't been any real clues to pick up on.