or Connect

Posts by LPool

Thanks Koukouvagia and Siduri, soup sounds absolutely perfect...as a matter of fact it was something that I had considered.  I have bones in the freezer and plenty of time so that's what I'm going to do.  I can also handle the crusty bread as I make bread all the time.  Oh, what a relief to have this little problem solved.  Thank you so much again.
I have some company coming from England and arriving in Texas in the early evening.  I know that they will have been fed on the plane but I wanted to serve them something that's not too heavy but enough to let them unwind after a very long day and sleep well.  Anybody got some ideas?  Pasta Salad, veggies and dip????  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, I sort suspected as much. Made another batch and it turned out perfect. So lesson learned.
I'm beginning my annual cookie bake off for the holidays and I make sugar cookies to decorate with Royal Icing. This year I wanted to do a bit more intricate work and decided that I would make "fluffy Boiled Icing" from the recipe that was included with my Meringue Powder. It said that this recipe was perfect for writing and stringwork. Which is what I was going for. So it's megingue powder mixed with cold water. Then you make a syrup with granulated sugar, corn syrup...
I'm going to be making a dessert recipe with crepes. I've never made them before but I want to have a go at it. I'm wondering...I really like to do stuff ahead of time. Can I make the crepes themselves a week before and seperate them by wax paper and put them in the fridge? or the freezer? What is the best way to do this or should it be done at all? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Rouxtheday, maybe it was cooked a bit too long...here's what I did..I put the cornstarch, water, sugar and salt in the suacepan. Put it on the burner at about medium and brought the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. I boiled it for 1 full minute removed it from the heat and added a little of it to my egg yolks that I had in a seperate bowl. Kept adding a little of the cornstarch mixture to my egg mixture until I had put in about 1/2 of it and then put it all back...
Chefinfrance, I don't think that baking it would have done the trick as this recipe didn't ever call for baking it and I've never baked a lemon meringue pie before. The lemon is always cooked in a saucepan and then poured into the pie shell to set up. So I don't think that is the answer. But thank you for your insight.
I don't know what happened but maybe someone has an idea. I made the following recipe for a lemon megingue pie and although it looked like it has set up, I guess it didn't. The recipe was : 4 egg yolks, 1/3 cup cornstarch, 1 1/2 cups water, 1 1/3 cups sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 3 tbls. butter , 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1 tbls. finely grated lemon zest. It cooked up just fine...although I made it with extra large eggs. Could that have been the problem? I poured it into my...
Has anyone ever heard of these cookies? Was looking through a publication and came across this. No recipe in sight but I love ALL things almond and have searched all my cook books to no avail. All I know that that they are supposed to be dropped cookies, light and crunchy outside, extra-gooey inside. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
For years I did not have Turkey for Thanksgiving. My parents go out of state to visit my brother and his family so that the rest of us do not have to eat 2 dinners or choose between families. My husbands family did not like turkey so they had enchilidas or venison. I love both but as I have gotten older I long for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. My husbands parents died a couple of years ago within 33 days of one another and so I started my own tradition. Since my...