or Connect

Posts by mesquite27

Thanks for your help, both of you. While I am a good cook, my baking skills are lacking and so when ever I bake I try to do something different to broaden my talents. Yes, I found that the Italian style much easier to work with and has a smoother mouth feel. Thanks again. Enjoy the holidays.
Howdy all, I was wondering if some one would know if there are specific uses for the different types of butter creams. Mosty people know about the butter cream that goes into the expensive chocolates but there are several other butter creams that are used to fill and coat cakes. Some have a custard base, egg yolks and sugar syrup and some are made with egg whites that are either cooked with sugar or the hot sugar syrup is added to the beaten egg whites. Does anyone know if...
Thanks for the information, I didn't know that Teubner's book is a translation, which if I get that book will help me decipher the exact meaning. I just picked up a used copy of "Death by Chocolate" which is very well written but is limited in recipes. As always I'm looking to expand my knowledge of cooking into the dessert field and chocolate is an ingredient that needs careful attention. Thanks agian.
I would like to hear some opinions on what you think is the best all around book on chocolate. I've seen several including the choc. bible by teubner, which looks good. My trials with chocolate is ruining allot of product.
Is anyone familiar with ice wines? From what I've read they are very similar to late harvest wines, i.e. concentrated sweet wines. This wine would probably taste good drizzled over angel food or pound cake, yes?:beer:
Now that you mention it I always finished off the bottle of wine at a nice rest. with the dessert. Specially if the dessert is some rich choc. thing. Both red and white dry wines do very well at refreshing your mouth for the next bite;)
hey there, Years ago I was in the same boat, working for a chef( graduated 2 yrs. prior) who didn't know a thing but could not admit it. He was soon fired for not being able to hold his job as chef and now is working on Wall St. It jhust goes to show, you get out what you put in. No school is better than the other, it's how hard you want it and how hard you work that scores.
hey there, Years ago I was in the same boat, working for a chef( graduated 2 yrs. prior) who didn't know a thing but could not admit it. He was soon fired for not being able to hold his job as chef and now is working on Wall St. It jhust goes to show, you get out what you put in. No school is better than the other, it's how hard you want it and how hard you work that scores.
Hi, I just picked up on an amazing fact that about 60% of the food we eat is genetically engineered. For instance, they put a halibut gene that keeps it from freezing into a strawberry to give it the same effect. And this is just one of many that affect our daily lives. What really gets me mad is that there are no government regulations that make these companies inform us of this contamination. I like to see good quality products at the grocery store and my restaurant but...