or Connect

Posts by stir it up

Thanks KYH. Can I pipe in with what the purpose is not, to serve raw meringue with gently torched tips. Serious pet peeve for me. It's Baked Alaska, not raw egg Alaska.
RR is a cooking show?!
the center of a carrot can be considered a "core." most hybrid carrots on the market these days have been bred to have less of a defined core, they are considered "coreless" carrots by seed companies, the core is still visible but less tough and woody, more like the outside. Some varieties will let you separate out the core more than others, but it's generally not easy to remove a core from a modern carrot. I use some non-orange carrots where I take out the core,...
looking for new ideas or a great way to cook this cut. Anyone?
ok fnf, I will try the tomatoes in late August when they're in season. The other thing I do is a "sub-clinical dose" of cayenne, not enough that you can taste it at all as hot, but just to bring up the flavor a notch. Last time I made it, I used Duchy Originals Organic Ale. (appropriately from the Prince of Wales' estate)... that beer has nicely balanced acidity that's good for the rabbit. Oh man, it would make the perfect Sunday breakfast today and I have no...
OMG too funny foodnfoto, when I saw the headline of this thread I immediately clicked on it because I was going to post Welsh Rarebit. Then I saw your post and the first thing you said was Welsh Rarebit...:roll: Fer sure, good welsh rarebit, I make it with organic unpasteurized cheddar from Vermont, a good beer, a few other ingredients, and often yesterday's homemade bread, thickly sliced and toasted. Fabulous for breakfast or brunch. A little caloric with the cheese,...
I have no experience with gluten free, but a great deal of experience with bread. a few recommendations... your recipe is in the ballpark of 50% hydration. That is a really dry bread to begin with, and probably one of the main sources of your problem. Try more hydration as a first priority. You could also try more hygroscopic ingredients, different flour types, other moisture holding ingredients. I make a seeded "alpine baguette" where the seeds are soaked...
yeah, whoever's got the best recipe for rugelach, make with it!
oh I love you all! add me to the committee to abolish foam, tilapia, penne alla vodka - I'll throw penne in general too, ... boar de laze mentioned portobellos, big pet peeve is also seeing everyone call them Portabella, etc.... nails on the chalkboard. Oh yeah on the baked brie, cringe. Tilapia is so ubiquitous 'cause it's cheap farmed garbage-eater fish -- NASA has chosen tilapia to use in their research program that is trying to develop longer sustaining...
Luc what a lovely thing to think of. I've done it but it was years ago. Martha Stewart had a lot of instructions for it so you might want to try there, or this google produced lots of results "forcing branches" spring I think Easter might be on the early side this year for it to be successful with apple in time for easter, but you could always do apple and crabapple for a little later in the season to honor your grandparents. You might have better luck with...