or Connect

Posts by Just Jim

When doing a full rail of tickets, I'll drop baskets of fries. I'll sacrifice a few cents of product to ensure timely service. Mind you, I am speaking only of fries, and only during the extreme rush.
I use Aquaphor on new tattoos. Besides Aquaphor ( a medicated gel) Eucerin makes many great products. I use their moisturizing lotion when I don't have corn huskers lotion.
The cute little hostess who broke my heart.
I use Corn Huskers Lotion. Others swear by Bag Balm, but it's too greasy for me.
Tough situation since the client is family. Different (unrealistic) expectations of you because of this. Good luck.
Curious. When I took a line cooking job for a couple of years I changed my title here to Line Cook. I actually took some flack from a former member because, as a line cook, I obviously didn't know as much as he did. I continued to post in this section during that time. Should I have refrained?
Unfortunately, his mid 30's.
Owner's stepson hired as restaurant manager, never worked in the business. Seen red faced and angry while placing water glasses on a kitchen scale. When asked why he looked so mad: "these are supposed to be 8 ounce water glasses, they weigh almost a pound! We're getting ripped off!".
I respect Pete's position. There isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to the question of whether someone should employ an inked cook. Ink has nothing to do with the skill of the cook, which I think Pete would agree with. It just might not be good for business, though it could be good, or may have no impact on business either way. Depends on the venue. But this thread didn't start out as to whether one should get/have tattoos, or what that says about that person. The OP...
I have 3, all on my right arm.