or Connect

Posts by Gummy-Bear

Going with the flow here, I love my tongs and knives. I also love my mandoline.
As far as I know, sweet potatoes have more vitamin A and potassium but this was not a conclusion drawn by extensive research, I admit. I'll look into it more though, because it seems that sweet potatoes are always claimed healthier and now you have me all confused.
I didn't think I put that much salt. Would a little bit have done the trick? Maybe a combination of the thick-ish slices and the salt. I have a feeling I'm going to be needing more sweet potatoes.
  For you, I will try it and let you know.  
Let me know how you like it, I'm really needing a new one as well. Mine broke and I've been using a teeny little 4 cup coffee pot. I really don't like making 2 pots of coffee in the morning, I need a new one.
Holy smokes, thanks for all the replies.Titomike, your ideas sound delicious but the whole reason I've started playing with sweet potatoes is because I'm working at eating healthier. As delicious as deep frying and duck fat sounds, I'm gonna have to pass on them for a little while.French Fries, nice to see you again. Why would you soak them in ice water? Am I missing something there? Kirsten, it wasn't olive oil but I did spray them with pam to help crisp and help the...
I attempted to make baked sweet potato chips today. I sliced them into little rounds, patted them dry, put them on a preheated baking sheet, salted them, and baked on each side for 10 minutes or so in a 425 degree oven. The edges crisped beautifully but little bubbles began to form on the potato, and the inside of it was not the crisp texture I craved. I have a feeling the slices were not thin enough and that is what caused the texture but what caused the bubbles? Any...
School, work, and moving out has been kicking my butt so I haven't been cooking since I've been home from China. I've decided it's been too long though so I went a little crazy at the grocery store tonight   This weeks menu includes beautiful ribeyes that are thawing as I type, Thai lettuce wraps, basil chicken, rosemary chicken with a sweet orange sauce, and fajitas.   I picked up some Jicama at the store but don't quite know what to do with it. Suggestions?  
My dad loves his Keurig thing. I bought him a reusable filter that he can put his own coffee in and he really enjoys that. Maybe your sister would too. I found it at Bed Bath And Beyond for around $12.   I drink a medium roast from a local coffee shop. They sell all sorts of roasted coffees and tea blends and it's an adorable store. I keep chicory coffee on hand for afternoon Vietnamese Iced Coffees and espresso ground coffee for cubanos and lattes. I really like my...
Congrats Oregon! I have fingers and toes crossed for you!