or Connect

Posts by panini

Not sure what mold you're asking about. If possible, post a pic. Steel?   I'm sure I'm older than you. I've only owned sets of Magyfleur because I worked with the Chef who invented them They're solid bronze and a bit costly. I'm sure you are describing something newer. but took a shot.
@foodpump ,   Yea, I'm aware they've been Whirlpool for a while. I may be mistaken, but I think the manufacturing is still done here. I was also away about Hobart's grocery checkout. But that wasn't really Hobart. All those things were launched out of a small town in NY called Armonk. I actually had a couple friends who were in on that stuff. It basically was incorporating technology. All that came from IBM. They spun it off to Hobart from some other company. I can't...
@IceMan,   Chef, I hear ya. I completely understand your thinking on Hobart. You're not alone and the Hobart supporters attribute to it's large market share. That's why I never give recommendations. I'll only offer my own personal experiences.   For 40+ years I've always tried to do my due diligence when making decisions on equipment, product or services. I never ask for a recommendation, I'll always ask what someones experience has been in general, not specific brands....
I agree, food probably squeaks by the regulations. I visit a couple of my former Chefs regularly. Each is in a different assisted living facility. One upscale and a little more private, the other is Medicare  driven.I can't remember the last time I visited either one and did not have food/meals with me. I either bring it from home or stop off  to pick up something. I try to stop at all the new places when they open.They both enjoy that immensely. It takes them back. We...
@Lisa Pontell        Lisa, It's always a good idea to secure your mixer to whatever it sits on. For older mixers we bolt them to the table or floor. We use a Anti Vibration Pad between the leg and table. Forget the name, but we get them at Grainger. Most motors are designed to perform in a level and balanced place. Any movement,vibration or wobble is horrible on motors. It creates slack internally and will usually cut it's life span in half.    I'm not sure but I assume...
Hey Mimi,   Won't fly under Texas cottage law. Although all agencies/inspectors are barred from entering your home cottage kitchen unless there is a complaint lodged.  One problem with delivery of fresh food is that the perishable window starts as soon as the food leaves the cooler. The window can't be renewed. All  future time is added to the original window start.   I had a similar experience as Silver Pantry. Before 2008 I had a separate production kitchen for...
@satartia,       I think you thoughts and idea are commendable. This concept has been tried many times. Pros: if successful-very rewarding                                                                  Cons, To produce income so that you and your husband can live on, you would need a  business plan. due diligence in the food industry is exhausting although doable. Now a days you cannot rely on word of mouth to gain successes. The business usually will not come to...
@Phaedrus, No big deal.3 times for me, all different. 1 for wife with stem cell transplant. Staying busy expedites the corner turning. Chemo brain is a real thing. I've participated in 3 different trials for it. My last chemo I tried an oral dose over iv. 18 months.   Chemo brain is sometimes frustrating.     I went to switch out some of my old cars in storage Sunday, Holiday weekend,guard comes by and asks, "what year is that?" I've owned this 71 hemi cuda since 79. I...
As an employer, I think it's paramount to protect of all the associates.   That issue starts right at the beginning. We also make arrangements to witness the signing of application. Not sure, but the laws for testing may vary from State to State.     XXXX Bakery intends to help provide a safe and drug-free work environment for our clients and our employees. With this goal in mind, we are establishing the following policy for existing and future employees of XXXX...
Hey Chef, Have you checked NorCal, I know they had some really nice commercial grills as well as residential. I can't remember the name of the grill I got for the lake house, but it has the adjustable grid and is propane fired.. Sorry , chemo brain.