or Connect

Posts by panini

@Lagom I'm curious, are your guests from the US or they treating it like a theme party? Any fireworks over there? Nothing special for us. Nice slow wedding weekend. I did swing by the farmers market to pick up a couple of melons for the kids in the neighborhood. I ended up spending an hour and a half explaining to people how to pick a ripe melon. Maybe I should post it. Nah, You guys probably know.    Ok, waiting on mailperson. So I tell you how to pick a ripe...
@ChefboyOG this event is out in the open, must be the NY accent. Listen, you post up in a professional forum, you should expect to have a conversation just as you would if another professional walked into your kitchen. I don't know if you're just trying to stir up shit. I personally don't have time for a pointless exercise in futility. Or you expect your peers to be all warm and fuzzy and praise a chicken leg.  There's plenty of those places around. When you post a...
@kilz Good post. I don't think you're alone in your journey. The opportunity is there to advance quickly, The new road to get there might be a little different. I really believe in SCORE. I think it's important to mentor people so they know what to expect out of a career. I had the most interesting discussion a few nights ago. It was a nice size group 13 young up and comers. I like to use the old phrases, they get a kick out of it. We talked for hours about many things....
have to go with @Luc_H , What function. I sometimes use isomalt depending what I'm trying to achieve. It's made from beets. It probably has the tols Luc mentioned. Can't injest too much. Will give you the trots. I like the rpoperties though. Less sticky, more malleable. I use it for sugar pulling and blowing. 
no need for that. I was asking valid questions in advance of maybe giving some insight. Can't read minds. You waited 8 hrs. and an received a bunch of irrelevent advice, to tell us it's outside and you've got it handled.  I must have missed something. I only saw one question in the original post about staff. Maybe my computer is acting up. Sorry in advance
Well I can't add anything to what was already said. I can only remember 100 yrs. ago I was in the same senario. 100 seats. 3 managers/quasi owners. I think lunch customers are not concerned with anything but, I want my food now. Or, I was here before that table and their eating. It's a great time to lose customers. We did your routine for a while, I say quasi owner because one of them was me. I finally decided that there needed to be two managers available for 3 hours...
@Kushal Goyal Are you going to set up in Boudha? Is this a large area for a rest stop? I'm going to assume there will be a lot of people staying there for a while to recoup. Most of the mountain bikers are not professional. Although I'm sure there will be small groups who will want to fly through. If there is a possibility to acquire a cooler truck, that would be the way to go. I was also thinking about your sandwich. I'm not up on tradition over there as to what's on a...
@kuan  I assume you're dry smoking. What type of fuel are you using. They do make offset vericals. The thing I enjoy with the vertical (I have both) is it is a little easier to tend. It's a bit more consistant in temp. I also prefer to hot water smoke. It keeps the product moister. I use a combo of wood charcol and wood. When I fire the off set I use wood only. I find it more laborious to keep the fire hot though. Real pit roasters will swear by the off set. They also...
Hi, I'm just going to assume since there is only 20 people for a charity event, they must be high rollers. And they are having their choice of entrees? If they are heavy hitters they are used to RSVP. I would get with the event planner and have the menu selections in the invite. If you are going to offer 3 choices, food cost shouldn't be a concern. You'll have plenty of waste and possibly run out of something..    (Savory cheese and Herb w/ compound butter) split...
@kuan Have you ever used a vertical smoker? Not sure, there may be you tubes about using one. Just to get an idea. I'm married to mine.  They also make an off set vertical so it should be like what you're doing now. Some of them are reasonably priced and around 1000 sq in.