or Connect

Posts by panini

@Phaedrus, No big deal.3 times for me, all different. 1 for wife with stem cell transplant. Staying busy expedites the corner turning. Chemo brain is a real thing. I've participated in 3 different trials for it. My last chemo I tried an oral dose over iv. 18 months.   Chemo brain is sometimes frustrating.     I went to switch out some of my old cars in storage Sunday, Holiday weekend,guard comes by and asks, "what year is that?" I've owned this 71 hemi cuda since 79. I...
As an employer, I think it's paramount to protect of all the associates.   That issue starts right at the beginning. We also make arrangements to witness the signing of application. Not sure, but the laws for testing may vary from State to State.     XXXX Bakery intends to help provide a safe and drug-free work environment for our clients and our employees. With this goal in mind, we are establishing the following policy for existing and future employees of XXXX...
Hey Chef, Have you checked NorCal, I know they had some really nice commercial grills as well as residential. I can't remember the name of the grill I got for the lake house, but it has the adjustable grid and is propane fired.. Sorry , chemo brain.
I would first try cisco in the smallest batch possible.
@foodpump ,       I'm an old fart. So I'm going to assume blaze up means smoking pot. I just returned home after a visit with the kid out in Mountain View California, and a visit to Oregon where I'm purchasing a friends share of a vineyard there. He has just closed on a villa in Panama and is retiring there, at 57 nice. I plan to take him up on his invite. He and his friend have a 4 home compound on 23 acres just for the two families. His home sale in Calif. more than...
This just may be in my area. I'm finding most all Millennials I make contact with are really not into drugs and drinking. I'm old and they have grown up in a technical environment. Communication is getting better for me. Early on, I got the blank stares.   I found myself profiling them. I misconstrued their personalities as somewhat arrogant, condescending, as if they felt superior to me. I was wrong though. I was feeling like that when I would focus and try to...
@foodpump , I can't agree more with his posts!  Wholesale is critical with this type of business. You're wholesale income has to be great enough to fully carry your projected costs for the entire operation. Your retail income will cover your collateral/un-projected costs and hopefully cover a salary for yourself.    MY FIRST BIG LESSON !!! Pay yourself !!!!!! If you don't forecast your salary into your costs you will never enjoy ownership. When you first start, you'll...
You have to experience something before you can say you like it or not. Throw that f--in word passion out the window. It's a blanket term to validate that your in an industry that is different from most. We usually work so others can enjoy their holidays, weekends, etc. and the atmosphere is somewhat primitive and the compensation usually doesn't equal your effort.   Once you work for a while and think this is something I might want to do, you then need to separate what...
Chains are a different business animal. The may be holding on to your property for expensed loss. Especially if the have some killer properties.       Also your managers may be forecast paranoid. If the bean counters aren't bothering them, they may not want to increase business.    The managers are acting like they are making forecast. Hence, the short hours, etc. If they weren"t you would see changes or pressure. Normally if you show growth, maybe 5%. Your forecast for...
Adiós a mis amigos