or Connect

Posts by panini

I agree with HalB. There are accessories available through reg sources, craigslist, ebay, etc. As HalB stated, avoid the commercial equipment sources. Look on the secondary market labeled: used restaurant/kitchen equipment, even kitchen equipment auction houses. If you are repairing on your own, and need something that's not a normal/ware replacement part, than I go to the used equipment guys. They most always have multiple donor mixers they use.
@OliviaS,                  Although your first posted eclairs would pass in most professional kitchens, you can achieve what you're desiring. The outside is not staying pliable/soft enough to handle the growth of the inside. couple of things to consider. Always start with a rapid boiling liquid. A flour with a higher gluten than APF would probably be best. Finish stirring the roux completely and add it to your mixer. Medium paddling will cause steam to escape. You...
2 cents from an old mind and memory. I think ya'll are right and ya'll are wrong. Both are peasant meat pies. Most places around the world had them. It was an good way to use meat scraps for a new hot meal. I'm pretty sure shepherds pie was Scottish and made with pastry. When the potato boom hit (booms a word. But probably the only food item to spread worldwide so fast) the Scottish transitioned to the potato. They had lamb available. The Italians had basically the same...
He's been in the bathroom.  He may return soon. Maybe the morning.
@Chefross,   After reading, I may agree with your point. I failed to mention that I have a relationship with a few health inspectors. Some mutlilingual. I have the availability to call them. Which I've done.    I personally would probably think twice before filing a report with the department in general. I've encountered some inspectors who seem to have specific attitudes or agendas. Especially being a food business owner.    I wouldn't choose, not to go back. I would...
I'm with @ChefBillyB 's thinking. Have always had very good relations with inspectors. Not smoke blowing, but check everything out to make sure I'm not missing or unaware anything.  I look at a health inspector just as another co-worker. (high paid where I am) $200.00+ per visit with 2 annual required.  I found a good relationship makes a back-and-forth much easier. One newbie inspector, "your rag buckets go on the floor". Really?. "yes, because if it gets tipped over it...
Wow! Diner with a cartoonist. Is rice also a cartoonist?  While backpacking my way through Europe trying to hone this skill we desire, Mafaldo was my go to in Italy.
@Chefross,   Didn't know you were so young:>).  Long before that I was also educated on the importance of maintenance.   I made the decision early on that the responsibility of maintenance was not going to be a part my job description if there was an engineering department on property. Reasons: to many negative responses from engineering as stated above on reports." No labor for that", "it's fine" "when we get around to it" "probably needs to be replaced" etc. At two...
@burnttoast , Welcome. Congrats on the promotion.
@Chef Brah,     I'm not capable of giving advice on your question because I don't have a true understanding of your situation. I can mention a few things I've picked up along the way in the food industry in the last 45 yrs. DISCLAIMER: just my opinions: The sooner you disassociate the word passion from your food industry vocabulary the better of you'll be. It infuriates me to hear PASSION as a blanket excuse, perpetrated in the past I assume by the higher up’s, to...