or Connect

Posts by panini

Actually the companies don't really make money of credit cards. I've used the same company for 18 yrs. I tried to switch a couple of times with square and others but always came back. If your in the mood for some levity one day, set up a meeting with a /CC sales rep. Just ask one question. Show me a mock statement where you have reconciled it to the penny. I'm a little anal, I reconcile all transaction CC and others before I hit the sack.
I wrote a bio on myself for People and Time magazine. First thing i would do is formulate a list of all my professional achievements. Then a list of all my personal achievements. Use your failures to preface  you're rise through the ashes to one of your achievements. After that, we'll move on to something else.
He will never sign a contract except when he tries to emancipate from his screenwriter PR mother. Then the flash in the pan will crash and burn. She turned his bedroom into a professional kitchen. Maybe he can become Linsay Lohans personal chef. That's just rude!!!
Just FYI, In Texas any company can have a gratuity charge with no regulations. The gratuity is the possession of the company to do what ever they want with it. Not the server. once you give it to a server it becomes a service charge to which the server is required to pay tax on. Also, a customer does not have to pay a gratuity, whether it's in print or not. Also the client can determine who gets the money. The customer can pay as much or as little as he wants for gratuity...
Allan, Thank you very much for putting my thoughts to words. I wholeheartedly agree. Believe it or not that is almost what I had in my mind but as usual it never makes           to my fingers on the keyboard. I'm assuming that things won't change in my lifetime. The hospitality industry is the largest employer in the world. So not everyone  has the (I hate this word), passion for the profession.  There are many talented cooks coming up. Unfortunately a lot of management...
Ah, I just feel like an old fart this week. Line cooks and servers. New name for peons. I can remember when restaurants were a place to go to forget and have a nice experience. Like an old movie. I remember getting in early  and standing out back putting that last little spit shine on our shoes before entering." The so called called Servers and line cooks" were The Maitre D,, waiters (front and back), bus persons and the kitchen cooks. and that smiling support staff (...
People are in a rush. They hardly go out to a restaurant for an experience. They go out to eat a meal. Really doesn't matter what is is. There are no more family meals. It's grab and go. The large vendors have ruined the industry by monopolizing the purchasing power of restaurants. Which in turn developed this trend to acclimate diners to a mediocre product. At one time there used to be a Pastry kitchen in every hotel in this city. Then companies like shitsco comes in...
ya, like @phatch says,    Dump cake is a staple here. Mimi, cake believe you've not heard of it.  I'd be rich if I had a dime for every time someone asked us for dump cake or red velvet cake for a shower. We don'r use any pop though. You just dump a couple of cans of prepared pie filling, then dump a box of white cake mix on top of that. Spread it out a little and just put dabs of butter all over the top. and bake it. I say, It is a DUMP cake.   My pastry chef has a...
save it for catfish bait.
Also margaritas