or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Yep, the picture of that very delectable home made pancetta came from the Slat Cured Pig group on Facebook. I need to work on producing cured meat products of that quality.
Made some nice sauted chicken cutlets with a mushroom, shallot and lemon sauce. Ate maybe half of mine. I think I am getting sick. Not fun.   And though I didn't eat much of it, the sauce was good. Karen took her first bite and said "Wow - this is yummy!" I love when that happens.   mjb.
Benton's looks a lot more reasonable than these folks:   http://www.edwardsvaham.com/category/country-ham  
 I think my three favorites so far are redchef's chicken stew, ordo's Shui Zhu Yu and those potatoes in chefbuba's stew.  But indeed, some excellent work so far. mjb.
A long time ago we lived in South Bend, Indiana. My father would make occasional business trips to Chicago, there on the shore of Lake Michigan. He would come home with a few pounds of smoked chub, I think it was, that had been caught in the lake, salted and cold smoked. It was SO good!  At least to me and my dad. I don't think anyone else in the family liked it.   mjb.
Ethiopian beg wot   The players:     A nice lamb stew. Main ingredients are lamb, of course, onion, garlic, tomatoes, ginger and berbere powder. And some salt, pepper, olive oil and such.   The procedure:   I pretty much followed this recipe I found online. This is new to me, so I wanted to do a baseline batch.   http://afracooking.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/ethiopian-lamb-stew-beg-wot/   It took some time to do the onions as the recipe is written. But it was...
Next pot of stock I make I am going to try adding chicken feet, should give off some nice gelatin.   I don't remember who, and I hope I don't embarrass anyone but I recall an inexperienced cook posted a question some time ago. They did their first batch of chicken stock. The next day discovered that the stock had set up like hard Jello, and they wondered if it was ruined, and what they did wrong.
With the other stuff I'd say 2 drums per person, maybe 3 if it in the budget. I'd bake the wings plain, and offer my three favorite types of sauce for them - bbq, hot wing sauce and something like teriyaki.   mjb.
    One of the best story songs ever recorded. Lengthy, 14 minutes, but I always enjoy hearing it. And with canning season here in the Northern parts, seems quite appropriate.   mjb.
With finger food I would suggest getting the smaller drumsticks. What other items will you have available at the buffet?   mjb.