or Connect

Posts by teamfat

A couple I pick up regularly for my job came from somewhere in India. When I pick them up at home they usually smell of curry, and it makes me hungry! Luckily the convenience store that sells somosas is just a block from their place.   mjb.
No, I've made it several times before.  It gets cured for about a week in the fridge, soaked in wine again, then hung to dry. Normally pancetta is unsmoked.  I do need to do another slab or two of bacon soon.   mjb.
  Just about 2 pounds of pork belly. Soaked in white wine, a pinot grigio, for about 30 hours, then into the cure. Not a very good job of evenly spreading the peppercorns and juniper berries, but I'm not too worried. It should still end up being a nice piece of pancetta.   mjb.
Besides the mushroom incident I've mentioned before, one of my lasting memories of my mother's cooking was chicken wings. This was around 1960, breast cancer got her in Nov. '63. She would bake the wings with a sour cream and herb mix, and they were really good! Fun food for a kid, nice and messy.   mjb.
Is there a face palm sugar available?  ( Couldn't find a face palm graphic suitable for use here. )   Seriously, I had some eggplant in spicy garlic sauce at a Chinese restuarant the other day, and the sauce had a sweetness to it that was different, but I can't describe the difference. Could well have been palm sugar.  I may have to experiment a bit myself.   mjb.
  Could be. Just don't make the soup too rich. mjb.
Enchiladas, soup, pot pies, chicken stroganoff.   mjb.
Maybe it will be tasty. Wonder how many cans willed get shipped back to family and friends in the other 49?   http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/28870804/hawaii-gets-its-own-flavor-of-spam#.VTmDNfGr8nI.facebook  
 I store it in the fridge in a zippered plastic bag. Not sure how long it will actually keep. The batch size I make is gone in 2 - 3 days, maybe 4 at the most. mjb.
Yes, salt is salt. The only difference is in grain size and what sort of extra dirt comes with it. People tend to get all snooty about the salt du jour when it really doesn't make any difference. If you want to use sea salt, use sea salt. I use Morten's kosher salt because it is cheap, available everywhere and does the job.   mjb.