or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Welcome to Cheftalk!  It is a great place to hang out.   I just finished making some bacon.  For my next batch will you send me a nice Berkshire belly?  Please?     mjb.      
Meatloaf.  Oh, wait, there is no meat.  Boy, Indian cuisine is another area that I could spend the rest of my life learning.
Living near the heart of Salt Lake City has some advantages.  Within walking distance of our house are Tasty Thai, The Park Cafe, Rodizio Grill, Desert Edge Pub, South China House, -Pig and Jelly Jar closed before we had a chance to try it.  And Forage is just a few blocks away, but that does not qualify for a quick dinner out.  There are also places like a Chili's, Sizzler, Dee's Family Restaurant, Noodles & Co, burger joints and such.   Our house is in the middle of a...
Dropped the ball on this one.  No pics of it in the smoker.  Took almost 2 hours in the chamber, at about 225 F.  Used a few apple chips, though with the strong garlic flavor a heavier smoke would have worked as well.   It was a 3.25 slab, used almost a whole head of garlic - I had previously taken a couple of cloves off.  When slicing it up this morning for my bacon and eggs I remembered I was going to add more to this thread.  Oh well, here's a snapshot of a...
 Great! Did the meat guy give you specific cut or just "pot roast"? mjb.
Leftover roast beef, some sweet potato mash, cottage pies:  
I was going to say nothing special about food this weekend for us, but there will be a minor departure from the norm. I don't normally do desserts, but tomorrow evening I plan a lemon curd with blueberries and whipped cream.   mjb.
And a rude one that will send me to the fiery deep for quite some time.   So Jesus walks into the motel, throws some spikes on the desk and asks "Can you put me up for the night?"  
An Easter joke for all you Catholics who did well in math.   Jesus: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Peter: Amen! Jesus: Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Paul: Amen! Jesus: y = a(x – h)2 + k Peter: wtf? Paul: Don't worry, that's just one of his parabolas.