Posts by teamfat

This thread is now just over 5 years old. And still going on.   mjb.
  Another tale I am sure I've told before. Currently I do non-emergency medical transportation, which means driving people to and from doctor's appointments and such. Last year there was this fellow I often picked up at the U of U hospital and drove him up to his apartment in Bountiful.  Maybe a 25 - 30 minute drive depending on traffic.  We talked a lot. He was a very interesting fellow. He was a foodie, we often discussed cooking, recipes, etc. One day on the trip we got...
Crushed ice does NOT work in a gin and tonic.   Ramen or pho?
I might cook hole chicken to 180. But I'd probably cook whole chicken to 155 - 160 or so.   mjb.
This place recently opened about a block from my house.   http://www.beltexmeats.com/     Their pastrami is REALLY good. When they have it. Small place, what's available changes from day to day.   mjb.
I've told these stories before here, but I won't let that stop me from repeating them in this discussion.   One of my earliest food memories involves mushrooms. My father was the city engineer for a small town in Michigan, Dowagiac. He supplemented his income with various weekend land surveying jobs with a fellow whose name I no longer remember.  One weekend rather than working Dad and this guy went out gathering wild mushrooms.  They gathered a lot.  So I'm like maybe 5...
I want one of K Girl's lemon bars.  Actually, I want a PLATE of them.   mjb.
 Not sure about this one. As I recall, couscous is a pasta, and a tagine is a cooking vessel: 
Surprised rump roast has not been mentioned in this thread.   mjb.
I cold smoked some habaneros from my garden, then fermented them for about 30 days. The end result was a REALLY good hot sauce.  Hope to do another batch this summer.   mjb.