or Connect

Posts by teamfat

I've been happy with the Trader Joe's frozen scallops. Not sure how they'd take to smoke, probably worth trying.   mjb.
I'd start here:       It was a pretty popular challenge. I'm hoping to get enough ripe early girls in the next few days to do some smoked tomatoes. They will go into a risotto, grits and a soup of some sort.   mjb.
 Looks interesting, a way to get the crispy browned bits and a runny yolk. Today, though, Karen is getting a standard cheese and mushroom omelet, nothing to fancy. mjb.
 Nice.  I was well within my comfort zone from decades gone by. Grilled some burgers on the Weber Kettle, mac and cheese from a box, one of my guilty pleasures.
Very nice omelet.  And after mentioning quail eggs, I got to thinking and went back to look at earlier posts.  CRS is definitely setting in.   A little over a week left. Are those pickled eggs and beets ready to eat yet?   mjb.
On a side note one of my favorite Iron Chef America episodes is Batali vs. Jamie Oliver, with Genaro as Jamie's sous. Pretty entertaining.
 True, indeed.  I was sort of expecting someone to post an ostrich egg omelet or some such just for grins.  More seriously expected to see some quail eggs. We've still got over a week left, a few things I have not seen yet. Might do one of them myself this coming weekend. mjb.
Is this the time I should make a comment about when to salt
Yes, I went back and saw Ordo's comment about pickling it. I just happened to be making a batch of fresh pickles with some cucumbers a friend gave us, it was on my mind. Never had pickled eggplant, may have to give it a try.   mjb.
Pickled eggplant?