or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Made a small batch of chicken salad tonight. Had I known the challenge I would have tarted it up a bit. Perhaps I'll do a Chinese octopus salad, or a lemongrass beef one, or Italian style lentil, or ....   mjb.
 Biscuits and gravy? The gravy is basically bechamel with the butter replaced, all or in part, by pork fat. mjb.
My guess is people were eating it long before there was a word for it.   mjb.
If this pork is from a nice heritage, heirloom or whatever pig, it should have enough marbling so that brining is not necessary.  Brining is also not necessary for slabs of factory farmed, mass produced stuff that already contains up to 15% salt solution.   mjb.
So it wasn't the busiest challenge, no problem. Did see some good looking entries, though. We'll see how the next challenge goes. There are still some basic, everyday type ingredients that have not been showcased, what will the next host decide?   Thanks, @kuan   mjb.
I just follow the instructions on the box.   mjb.
Kind of a last minute, poorly documented entry.  Did some risotto. The flavoring was roasted tomatoes:     Sprinkled with salt, pepper and a splash of olive oil, onto the grill for a bit.   Meanwhile some shallots get sweated in a butter and olive oil mix.     Toss in the rice, cook it a bit, reduce with some vermouth, then start adding the broth. And stirring. And adding broth. And stirring. And - you get the idea.   Finally ready to add the maters. Could...
Many years ago I worked for my father's company, doing some land surveying for a power line across southern Indiana.  No special treatment here, I was the low man on the totem pole, the grunt, the one who actually did all the heavy lifting, as one might say.  I was about 20 years old, very active and in pretty good physical condition.   So at breakfast with the crew all the OLD guys, like 30, 35 or even 40, would be nursing their hangovers and having coffee and toast,...
And so the descent into madness begins.   Good looking stuff!   mjb.
Such a score!   mjb.