or Connect

Posts by teamfat

There were several neighborhood kids playing in the immediate area, in the 5 - 10 year old range. A handy hose seemed prudent. Tritip, 3 days in a lemongrass marinade, hope to get it posted soon. mjb.
grilling is not bbq.
 Looks like they have been gutted and beheaded. Usually I don't bother. mjb.
 You do mean ELEVATED to a charcoal grill, right? mjb.
I've used the jarrred stuff as well, much better than the packet, but still a bit sweet for my taste, I often add black vinegar when using it.   mjb.
Some time ago I did a quick char sui using a store bought seasoning packet.       Normally I don't see meat turning that particular shade on the grill. And way too much sugar.   I did another batch with a scratch made marinade, much better. I usually use country style "ribs" or slices of fatty butt for this.     1/4 cup dark soy sauce 1/4 cup Shao Xing rice wine* 1 oz. by weight of rock sugar* 2 -3 crushed garlic cloves 2 -3 quarter sized slices of fresh...
I've got to grow some radishes next spring.
I've got one little skillet that is perfectly sized for 2 fried eggs, pretty much the only thing I use it for.     And when done the eggs slide right out, non stick at its finest.   mjb.
Lodge is indeed a trusted brand. I'll suggest a 9 inch and 12 inch skillet to start, and a 3 - 4 quart enameled dutch oven. Can't remember what size mine is, but it gets used quite often.   mjb.