or Connect

Posts by teamfat

With finger food I would suggest getting the smaller drumsticks. What other items will you have available at the buffet?   mjb.
Shucks. I was hoping to dig up a copy of a cartoon I saw many years ago. It show a very unhappy Col. Sanders getting dragged off by the police, and an employee saying "I guess they figured out what some of those secret herbs are." Might have been in a Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers book.   mjb.
It will taste better if oil is used, but it isn't strictly necessary. And the chicken skin will be crisper.   mjb.
A mandolin is one of those items I would like to try out someday. But being currently unemployed, buying new toys is not a high priority. And I know I would be unhappy with a cheaply made one.
Actual sawdust is showing up in prepared. packaged foods, labeled as "cellulose". It plays well with mechanically separated chicken and high fructose corn syrup.   mjb.
I have to get some duck soon. I think I mentioned before that one place near me has whole, frozen ducks for about $18, or frozen breasts for $25.  Hmmm....   mjb.
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-worlds-hottest-pepper-scoville-heat-units-20131226-story.html     Water is probably the worst thing to combat capsaicin as it is not water soluble and water just spreads it around the mouth more quickly. But fats absorb it. If your mouth is on fire, eat a tablespoon of butter. I'm sure I've mentioned this before here, but some time ago I had a cookbook where the author had an Indian food party one evening. As the guest arrived...
Watercress - wow. It has been a long time, but I remember going up City Creek Canyon and picking fresh watercress along the banks. I should head up there and see if there is still any around.   mjb.
Not too many pictures of this one. Tonight I made probably the smallest batch of chicken habenaro stew I've done. But all I had were 2 small red caribbean habs. Total harvested from the plant for the year: 5     Pretty simple stew. Get the pasilla over the flame to start charring the skin. Cut the chicken into pieces, brown. I used a 50/50 mix of butter and olive oil as the fat of choice for this dish. Clean and quarter the 'shrooms. Pull the chicken out of the pot,...
Personally I would sweat the onions with about 3 - 4 cloves garlic, but that's just me.   You may want to bbe careful about using wine. The orange juice will be quite acidic, and a dry, acidic wine might just be too much.   mjb.