or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Karen's work had a dinner tonight for employees and spouses, it was held at The Bombay House, a popular Indian restaurant here in SLC. I can't remember how many covers they do a night, it is a large number. There were about 60 of us. They way they handle it is family style, they just bring out food, setting the plates on the table, folks eat what they want.  Appetizers includied some chickpea fritters with a very nice sauce, pea and potato samosas, stuff like that.  The...
    Last night I was planning on doing a variation of puttanesca. After I got the dough made, I fell asleep at the computer many times while waiting for the dough to rest.  My workday started at 4 am, no surprise there.   mjb.
 Not right or wrong, a matter of preference. I've made good product both ways. mjb.
When it comes to swiss, you need to weigh the cheese and the holes separately.   mjb.
I'd name it Ralph.
So this weekend my wife and I flew down to Phoenix but drove home. We inherited her father's car. We spent Saturday going through his apartment, loading up all sorts of stuff, getting furniture sent off, cleaning out kitchen drawers and so on. Back home, a big pile of stuff stacked in the living room, will take a few days to get though it all. One item I am happy to have gotten is an old Presto pressure cooker, complete with divider plates. Pictures to follow. And another...
I nibble on my home cured bacon raw all the time, tasting and testing, both before and after the smoke.   mjb.   ps:  Gee, out of town for one weekend, and lots of activity. Love it.
Assuming you are putting the two separate roasts in the same preheated oven, it might take a minute or two longer than one single roast, simply because the door will be open longer and there will be a bit more thermal mass in the beginning causing the oven to recover slightly slower.  It isn't really an issue.   It isn't like a microwave, where if one baked potato takes 2 minutes, then 2 potatoes takes 4 minutes.   mjb.
Some people do more than one slab at a time:       [ Stolen from The Salt Cured Pig group.]
I did the cups once where instead of bread, the bottom layer was hash browns.   mjb.