Posts by teamfat

A minor note on Cheffross's recipe nutmeg and mushrooms play well together, if you don't overdo it.   mjb.
I may steal the nacho shooter idea come Superbowl Sunday.   mjb.
I like mushrooms. I've no doubt related this story before, but I won't let that stop me.  When I was young, maybe 6 - 7 years old or so I had my first memory of mushrooms. My father did some land surveying now and again on weekends as a side bit to his job as Dowagiac City Engineer, a small, somewhat rural town in southwest Michigan. One weekend he and a friend who worked with him had no side jobs lined up, but this friend was an avid mushroom hunter. They gathered, and...
I like a bit of light pink in the middle, both with tenderloin and the larger loin. And if you remember the mince challenge, I ate RAW pork. It was delicious!   mjb.
Welcome to Cheftalk, a great resource.   I'd throw in all the beans, if it doesn't overload the pot. Generally I do bean free chili, but every now and again I do a batch of classic Cincinnati style with ground beef and beans.  And I make a spicy black bean and lamb version that is really good.   Good luck with dinner!   mjb.
I spent 20+ years making beer from extracts. Well, we did do a few all grain batches, it wasn't all extracts.  What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?   mjb.
I'll suggest something like potato fritters ala parmesan.   mjb.
Not many other than Cheftalk. I do check the pizza making forum from time to time, but with my wife's recent casting aside gluten, not many pizzas these days. There's a couple of bbq forums I check in on once in a while.   Some time ago I set up http://wasatchfoodies.com but never really put enough effort into it to make it worthwhile. Perhaps I should regroup and revamp the site.   mjb.
French press, 20 - 22 grams of beans, coarsely ground.   mjb.
http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/all-slow-cookers-hamilton-beach-professional-6-quart-sous-vide-slow-cooker-33970.html