or Connect

Posts by teamfat

I've used the jarrred stuff as well, much better than the packet, but still a bit sweet for my taste, I often add black vinegar when using it.   mjb.
Some time ago I did a quick char sui using a store bought seasoning packet.       Normally I don't see meat turning that particular shade on the grill. And way too much sugar.   I did another batch with a scratch made marinade, much better. I usually use country style "ribs" or slices of fatty butt for this.     1/4 cup dark soy sauce 1/4 cup Shao Xing rice wine* 1 oz. by weight of rock sugar* 2 -3 crushed garlic cloves 2 -3 quarter sized slices of fresh...
I've got to grow some radishes next spring.
I've got one little skillet that is perfectly sized for 2 fried eggs, pretty much the only thing I use it for.     And when done the eggs slide right out, non stick at its finest.   mjb.
Lodge is indeed a trusted brand. I'll suggest a 9 inch and 12 inch skillet to start, and a 3 - 4 quart enameled dutch oven. Can't remember what size mine is, but it gets used quite often.   mjb.
After decades of culinary adventure, still a favorite meal.    
I think in Australia the New York or strip steak is called sirloin, but in the United States they are different. I think I have a chart somewhere...     Found it:       mjb.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSaltCuredPickle/
Chicken stock. Drat.   mjb.
 A number of years ago my younger brother had a bar in Avon, Colorado, just outside of Vail. He told me about the time a tourist from back east came in. The daily special on the chalkboard was "Sliders - 50 cents"  He ordered a dozen. And he was quite surprised when they arrived. He thought a "slider" was an oyster, not a small hamburger. But he rolled with it, ate what he could, shared the rest, realizing that fresh, raw oysters in the Rocky mountains might not be that...