Posts by teamfat

I want one of K Girl's lemon bars.  Actually, I want a PLATE of them.   mjb.
 Not sure about this one. As I recall, couscous is a pasta, and a tagine is a cooking vessel: 
Surprised rump roast has not been mentioned in this thread.   mjb.
I cold smoked some habaneros from my garden, then fermented them for about 30 days. The end result was a REALLY good hot sauce.  Hope to do another batch this summer.   mjb.
Carbonara - refers top coal miners, right?   mjb.
Dark chocolate for me, when I do eat sweets. We've been together for 3 decades, and my wife still can't believe that if given a choice between a candy bar and a dill pickle, I'll take the pickle.   I don't do doughnuts, the best bagels in Utah are 500 feet from my front door.     Morimoto or Flay?   mjb.
Isn't 'scampi' an Italian word for shrimp?   mjb.
With Karen avoiding gluten, we don't do pasta anymore. I miss it. Hank's crab pasta looks incredibly simple and incredibly delicious.   mjb.
I've related this story more than once here on Cheftalk. My wife was heading to one of her folk dance parties, and was planning on taking a pineapple to cut up and share. She was running a bit late, I asked her if she wanted to cut up the pineapple before leaving.  She said no, she'd do it there.  Later that evening after she got home and was unloading stuff she says to me "Thank you for keeping our knives sharp."  Breaking down that pineapple at the friend's house was an...
Been quite some time since I've done a basic lemon curd.  Citrus and poultry is a match made in heaven. Pineapple isn't really citrus. is it? I might have an idea or two, I need to get back into this game.   mjb.