or Connect

Posts by teamfat

The mention of cold pizza in another thread reminded me of this tune.  
    This may help.   Welcome to ChefTalk.   mjb.
I want a small toaster oven. Leftover pizza, tortilla and cheese, rolls - lots of things that are so much better reheated in an oven than a microwave. But my food based Christmas gift this year appears like it will be a nice mortar and pestle, with more than the scant 1/2 cup capacity of the baby one I have now.   mjb.
Welcome to Cheftalk, @penguinette-de !   mjb.
I have a can of Wondra, don't use it that often, mostly to thicken up lighter sauces where I don't use a real roux.   mjb.
I often put them in sandwiches and a favorite burger topping includes a pepper and thinly sliced red onion. And I was thinking of making some squash soup, I bet peppers would be a nice addition to that.   mjb.
A nicely roasted chicken is such a delight.   mjb.
Chile and beans   Ford and Chevy.   Ginger and Maryann.   Sauce and gravy.   Marinade and marinate.   Edison and Tesla.  ( Okay, that one is pretty obscure )     mjb.
Here's a recent article:    http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/nutrition/why-experts-now-think-you-should-eat-more-fat-20141020
For a serious answer, yes, in general lower fat cooking methods can be healthier than frying. But frying is tastier! And olive oil is healthier than, say, shortening. And margarine isn't healthy at all :-)   I often use lard and butter, but the steak I posted yesterday was fried in olive oil. There has been some research recently that is claiming that high fat diets are not as bad for us as previously thought. I'll see if I can dig up some references.   mjb.