or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Those don't look like th poached eggs I make.   mjb.
When I serve it with a sauce or gravy, I put the sauce on the plate first, so it doesn't cover up the design of the roll. They can look pretty impressive.   mjb.
This morning I actually took a bit more than a taste of today's Fill The Pot pork and beans. Normally I just take a taste or two to check seasonings.     I enjoyed it, hope the folks at the park did as well.   Don't worry, I'm not going to give blow by blow descriptions of what I make each and every week.  Just a couple of comments here and there, not for the sake of blowing my own horn, but to simply let the folks who so generously assisted with food costs know...
Given the ingredient I decided to revisit something I've not had much luck with in the past - noodles.   A couple of eggs, a dash of salt and about a cup and a half of flour. Mixed the dough, kneaded into a ball and let it rest for about half an hour.     Rolled it out flat and fairly thin, let it dry for about 20 minutes.     Cutting the noodles.     I think I foresee a pasta attachment for the Kitchenaid in my future.   Cut to size and into the...
Yes, season all over, both sides. And be careful, the skinless, boneless breasts are easy to overcook and dry out. While I use them for some things like stir fry, quick curries and chicken parm, I prefer the skin on, bone in ones when roasting.   mjb.
Not into it myself, but I imagine a few of you enjoy this sort of thing.  
I've had good luck with Jiffy cornbread mix.  I decided to try their pizza crust mix once. NEVER AGAIN!   Best cornbread is baked in a heavily buttered cast iron skillet. And yes, cheese, jalapenos, onions and such various additives can adjust the flavor to one's taste.   mjb.
I'll also echo Pete's comments on saucing. I make what I call pig sauce which is a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar, a couple tablespoons of my rib rub and a healthy squirt of American yellow mustard. Not fond of oversauced pulled pork.   mjb.
Is it done yet?