or Connect

Posts by teamfat

What sort of cheese?   mjb.
Very nice. Did fish also, a basic hunk of cod from the market, done with butter, olive oil, vermouth and lemon juice, fresh dill and thyme from the garden. Decent, but I bet yoyr striper was better.   mjb.
Blackforest cake always brings this to mind.  
 There are three types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't. mjb.
Buy some veggie stock. Or make it yourself. Whichever warm it up, throw in some slivers of fresh ginger and garlic. Some chunks of lemongrass if you have it, dried red chilies if desired. After simmering for 10 minutes or so, fish out those bits. Throw in some sliced mushrooms and a healthy dose of soy sauce. Pour into a bowl and garnish with chopped scallions.   mjb.
  I need to find my tripod. Trying to hold the camera interferes with focusing on flipping the bacon.   mjb.
 Grape juice. mjb.
  I think this is a yellow brandywine. I seem to have misplaced the map of my garden. 581 grams. The sweet 100 might be a gram.   mjb.
 I'm guessing not that many Chinese places have pork kidneys with spicy vegetables like Sweet Ginger down in Midvale. Good stuff. And I was surprised to see black vinegar as a table condiment.  And yes, this is off topic. Agreeing that is is more a list of recipes than a list of skills is on topic, though. Like "How to make soup" just says "add a base, like stock" - how lame is that? mjb.
This place is across the street from South China House restaurant and South East Market, two places I frequent, but I've never been inside. It might be time to find some good, dark tea for another batch of tea cured salmon.   http://www.teagrotto.co/     mjb.