or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Wish I could help. Goat is an underrated meat, the few times I've cooked it I did it with an African influence. Last month at Salt Lake City's Living Traditions festival I got some goat stew that was REALLY good, but again African style.   mjb.
Some of the Asian markets around town have some pretty nice looking ceramic or porcelain, some with matching holders. For me, stainless ones just seem to lack character. I myself have a set of nice bamboo ones.   Last week I was driving a passenger and we were talking about Chinese food.  We happened to pass a certain Korean restaurant so I had to tell her my story.  One day I was there and was eating the kimchee soup. And as usual, spoon left, sticks right as I was...
I'm wanting some asparagus risotto now, looking good! My favorite bar had an appetizer special involving eggplant, buffalo mozz and tomato. It was good, but could have been better. Hopefully get some time this week to have a go at it.   mjb.
Progress - getting some blossoms, can hardly wait for the first cukes:     Did I mention that The Bagel Project on the corner of my block has a big dispenser of cucumber lemon water?   mjb.
  Not that distinct in this photo from a week or so back, but the nearest plants are my cucumbers. They are covered by a hoop of concrete mesh, and the plants on the left already had started wrapping tendrils around the wires of this trellis within a few hours of me installing it. Plants have grown a bit since then, and there are a couple of new ones added to the dry spot on the right.   We'll see how well this trellis works at growing cukes in the air instead of on...
If you compare the picture of mine and @Mike9 's efforts, the slices look a dull reddish color. But if you look down the barrel so to speak, the pork has this rich, deep red mahogany hue to it. And he rounded his more.   mjb.
This could be fun. Just off the top of my head I think I'll do four dishes. One from Africa. One from China. One from India. One from somewhere in Europe. And though eggs and dairy are fair game, I'm going to try to avoid such in 2 of the dishes. Of course, come the end of the month what I actually do may end up completely different.  But there WILL be tofu involved.   mjb.
I may be way off here, but my guess is that this was one of the easier challenges to pick a champion. Congratulations, @morning glory well done.   mjb.
The Prices               Hunk of pork shoulder:   $5.36 Black beans:                 $0.69 Avocado:                       $0.77 Green onions:                $0.50     Total:                            $7.32   Pantry stuff:       The Procedure     The hunk of pork shoulder was seasoned well with HoosierQ Rib Rub.     The cast iron skillet was then covered tightly with aluminum foil and placed in a 275 F oven for about 3 hours while I worked...