or Connect

Posts by teamfat

I favor the start low, finish high approach. But with char siu pork I try to do it on the grill over charcoal.   mjb.
I'm planning on doing something similar with my next batch of bacon.
After watching that video I'm inspired to do another batch of hand rolled pasta this weekend. And yes, there will be pictures.   mjb.
Found it:   http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/common-mistakes/article/the-8-most-common-meatball-making-mistakes
Shucks. I thought I saved the link to a page that had a list of common meatball mistakes. Oh well.  But 1 cup of dry panko does seem a fairly high amount for 2 pounds of meat.   Tomorrow night's dinner will be some of the lefftover Persian meatballs I made for the Middle East challenge. They turned out quite well. Next time I might try this Asian recipe.   mjb.
Excellent!  Any day now I'm going to get the pasta roller for my Kitchenaid. Last hand rolled batch was not very impressive.   mjb.
The Kitchen Aid grinder is a bit wimpy, good for occasional use. It is, however, much easier to use than my old Alfa hand powered meat grinder. But the Alfa uses standard #5 grinding plates and knives, which are easy to find. I have about half a dozen different plates for it, am stuck with only 2 for the KA.   The ones you mentioned look like they use a standard size plate as well, which is a benefit.  And various sausage stuffing tubes are likely available. Here's a...
Koftah, keftah, koofteh, kefta, kofte - various names for the same thing, based on the Persian word kuftan, which means 'to grind'   I made meatballs. First off, the meat:     Beef chuck in the foreground, lamb shoulder to the rear. Next, the adjuncts:     Most recipes for these meatballs call for rice, lentils or chickpeas as a filler. I found one that used bulgur wheat, decided to give that a try.  Of course, in whatever region these are made, they tend to be...
Shucks. Hot and dry for days and days and days. I was planning to do most of the cooking outside in my big charcoal cooker.  Currently moderate rain and wind gusts.  Oh well.   mjb.
I'm planning on one more dish, may get it done and posted tonight.