or Connect

Posts by teamfat

For some expert tips on cooking pork "tenderloin", check this out. Pay close attention about 1:40 into it.  
Grill or pan fry, minimal seasoning, don't overcook. They probably won't need a brine.   mjb.
I've not seen any indication of the roasting temps, perhaps that is part of the reason the first person failed to get a satisfactory result?   mjb.
 Never tried sauntering, I usually stroll or lope my veggies.  ( Sorry, I had to.) Nice to see some pics getting posted. mjb.
Quick, easy.  Well, the home made pancetta is not that quick, but once you have it on hand ...     Boiled some angel hair. Browned some pancetta lardons with onion. Diced up a store bought heirloom tomato, no idea what variety. It did have a rather meaty interior, about the size of a lemon but a nice pinkish red. Tasted a bit better than the usual store bought cardboard maters. Threw it in the pot with some fresh basil and a splash of sherry, cooked for 3 - 4...
Growing up back in southern Michigan, northern Indiana, I had one uncle who was a hog farmer. Another uncle was a potato farmer.   I'm branded for life, I concur with @Koukouvagia
A favorite of mine is a sauce of butter and soy sauce stirred in, then topped with furikake, Japanese rice seasoning. It is available in different flavors. Also diced tomato and fresh basil, sprinkled with parm.   mjb.
I've seen whole chiles ripen and change color as they dry, which is why I thought cutting them might stop that process.   Green habanero powder - I like that idea!   mjb.
Nice.   I have a sweet 100 tomato at home, just got a few blossoms on it this weekend. My plot at the Grateful Tomato Garden? Not so good. Got a call from the plot police that it needs more work. If only they would have let me know months ago which plot was mine.   mjb.
I made some pork in salsa verde the other day, and thought about this. I was wondering if you diced up the chilies while green, would they stay green when dried? I may have to experiment.   mjb.