or Connect

Posts by teamfat

I keep eggs in, and usually remember to pull them out in time to get them to room temp before cooking. Doesn't make any difference in scrambled or omelets, but does in fried, poached, soft cooked.   How about ginger root?     mjb.
A bit too lean for my taste. That's why I decided to leave it flat and treat it more like bacon rather than roll as is done more traditionally. But it is really tasty.   mjb.
  Done. Yum.
Very nice. I've made it a couple of times, quite tasty. Actually I recall I posted a short video, like 7, 8 seconds, of the sizzling crust as I pulled it out of the oven.   Might be time to revisit that dish soon.   mjb.
Garlic salt I use pretty much daily. Celery salt, de riguer for Chicago dogs which I never make, I do use on occasion.   I like the idea of a chili salt, as I just bought a package of chiles and need to use them soon.   mjb.
@chefbuba is killing me! Such basic, down home comfort foods like the soup, the fried chicken, the dumplings - good stuff!   mjb.
No pictures? Did you actually make it, or just post the recipe?   mjb.
Okay, here's what I had for dinner last night. It is exactly the same thing as the soup I made for the seafood challenge, but completely different. Here's my take on Thia Tom Yum Gai.   The Players     Of course to make a soup one needs to make a stock,     Various chicken parts saved up and frozen and a fresh handful of chicken feet. And various other aromatics and flavorings.     Here we have cilantro, thai chilies, lemongrass, garlic and...
 Grilled chicken is one of my favorite foods. May do some for dinner tonight. And I will post an entry here soon which is not bbq! mjb.
I was able to restrain myself and not immediately respond with "George" or "Martha" like I often do in name this xxxx.   I've never cooked or eaten foi gras, so I don't really know what it looks like.   mjb.