or Connect

Posts by teamfat

We hardly eat many burgers, but I have noticed that I've gotten away from adding things to the meat mixture like bacon, cheese, onions and such, preferring plain beef patties and getting other flavors out of the toppings.   mjb.
It was Les Paul's birthday the other day. What an interesting fellow - not only a great musician but such an innovator on th etechnical side of recording.     And Shalit's hair - wow!
How many people?   Maybe something like a "wrap party" where things like carne asada, lemongrass beef, chicken in lime juice can be cooked in advance. The day of the party reheat and provide pitas, tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and such for folks to build a wrap of their choice.
I was at Southeast Market browsing around, something Cambodian in mind for the challenge.  Still thinking on that.  But picked up a jar of Lee Kum Kee Char Siu marinade, thought I'd see if it was better than packet I used in the grilling challenge.  Picked up a hunk of pork shoulder, about 7 pounds.     Hacked off about a pound and a half from the end for the char siu, the rest will either be going in the smoker in the am for pulled pork, or in the crockpot for a...
 White truffle.  Harumph. I'm not jealous, not me. A couple days ago I was watching an Iron Chef episode where the ingredient was truffles. Alton Brown said something like "eating truffles is probably better than 90% of the sex you've had" - cracked me up.
So, @kaneohegirlinaz how are the injuries coming along? Does it still hurt to smile and laugh?   mjb.
There's a market here in Salt Lake, Liberty Heights Fresh, that sells Berkshire pork raised in the next valley to the west.  Hmm, I will be close to that area later this afternoon, I may stop in.  As I recall they get their order from Christiansen Farms in on Tuesday, we'll see what htey have.
There's a market here in Salt Lake, Liberty Heights Fresh, that sells Berkshire pork raised in the next valley to the west.  Hmm, I will be close to that area later this afternoon, I may stop in.  As I recall they get their order from Christiansen Farms in on Tuesday, we'll see what they have on hand today.   And as I recall, it is $8.99 a pound.   mjb.
My favorite pork loin stuffing is a mix of mushrooms, shallots, sweet peppers, maybe some celery or fennel or carrot, depending on what is on hand. I usually opt for a ginger flavored gravy.  Thought I had some photos of the last one, can't seem to find them at the moment.   mjb.
Tuesday I had an Italian beef sandwich ( Mediteranean Deli, State & 39th ) a favorite of mine.  Wonder how pork would do in a similar dish?   mjb.