or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Great. An obscure ingredient with such a limited range of uses. I guess I'll have to try and come up with something interesting like bread, pies, cakes, cookies, pasta, pasties, beef wellington, empanadas, tortillas, pitas, pizza, spaetzle, chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, paprikash with egg noodles, egg rolls, wontons, haluski, ...   mjb.
Good to be back home at a real computer.   While this challenge may have produced the fewest entries, I bet it produced the most laughs and memories!   Thank you for hosting, looking forward to December.   mjb.
Doro wat, bulgagi, zatar
I am thankful that I live on a beautiful planet, and have eyes that allow me to see the glory of it every day.   I am thankful that after 30 years together, Karen and I still like and love each other.   I am thankful that I have ears and can listen to and appreciate the music of life in its many myriad forms.   I am thankful for friends and family.   I am thankful that I have been blessed with a talent for cooking and a willing heart to share this talent with...
Personally I think anyone who thinks fast food is tastier than restaurant food is eating at really bad restaurants.   mjb.
The Sprouts market near me on occasion has turkey necks, gizzards, etc. packaged up. I'll buy some and stash in the freezer for later use. The third section of wings are nice, too.   mjb.
Welcome to Cheftalk!   I'd say my top three are   Dungeness crab Lobster King crab   Dungeness is similar to snow crab but a bit "crabbier" and more briny, but still sweet.   For my crab quiches I tend to use packaged crab. If I'm going to go through the trouble of picking a dungeness, I'm not going to disguise it in any way.   mjb.
Shucks. I used to know this off the top of my head, but canned "pumpkin" in the US of A can be up to X% butternut squash, according to the FDA.   mjb.
One of my typical stuffings is minced mushrooms, bell pepper, shallots and something like bacon bits or bratwurst crumbles.   And a favorite gravy is made from the pan drippings added to some roux, a bit of broth and a few crushed ginger snap cookies for flavor and thickening.   mjb.
  Wow. Yesterday's Thanksgiving special meal served 710 people! That's about twice the average. I did 10 pies, wonder if the 3 cans of whipped cream were sufficient?