or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Sichuan style bacon, and some maters from the garden. They are destined for tonight's tomato basil squash soup.
Every question you might have about anything to do with pizza is probably answered somewhere on this site:       http://www.pizzamaking.com/     I only go there to look at the pictures :-)
Yes, Grafenwöhr.  I just posted a story about his experience there in the Late Night Cafe, X Ray glasses.   mjb.
Rather than hijack the chow mein thread, I'll post this story here.  As I mentioned, I had a friend working as a teacher at an American army base in Grafenwöhr, Germany. He was one of my climbing and skiing buddies here in Salt Lake. As such, he had a pair of what we called "glacier goggles" which were severe duty sunglasses. Very dark lenses, leather bits to seal the gap between the glasses and the face, and a string around the neck.   One sunny afternoon he was out...
A friend of mine was a teacher at an American army base in Southern Germany back around 1990. A "Mexican" restaurant opened up in the town, so of course her had to try it. Nothing at all like what we have here in the US, he said it was horrid.  He did take us to a Balkan style place, though, that was very good. The meat was well flavored and only a little overdone.   mjb.
I'm sure Monsanto, Cargill, etc. would love to cloak high fructose corn syrup under the simple label "sugar"
I am currently unemployed. I have all the time I need for prep work, slow cooking, marinating, perusing local markets, whatever. I don't do many "easy 30 minute meals"   If I were to get a job in the food industry, I bet dinners at home would take a drastic turn for the worse.   mjb.
I remember chowing down on LaChoy chow mein kits as a kid, as well as those Chef Boy-Ar-Dee pizza kits. I should try them now and see just what is was I was eating back then.   mjb.
Lately I've been making mine with just a biscuit dough top crust. And I make them in single serving size dishes:     I also use the same dishes for cottage pies.     My wife loves the pot pies the way I make them, but I do plan on making some with a full pastry crust this fall.   mjb.