or Connect

Posts by teamfat

True, indeed.  I was sort of expecting someone to post an ostrich egg omelet or some such just for grins.  More seriously expected to see some quail eggs. We've still got over a week left, a few things I have not seen yet. Might do one of them myself this coming weekend. mjb.
Is this the time I should make a comment about when to salt
Yes, I went back and saw Ordo's comment about pickling it. I just happened to be making a batch of fresh pickles with some cucumbers a friend gave us, it was on my mind. Never had pickled eggplant, may have to give it a try.   mjb.
Pickled eggplant?
@ChicagoTerry the picture might not be the best but that looks like a tasty dish. Some very nice stuff showing up so far, but there are a some things I haven't seen yet. But there is still time.
I've been meaning to try this recipe someday.   Szechwan eggplant in chili garlic sauce (4 servings) 2 lbs eggplant 3 Tbsp oil for frying 2 whole dried chili peppers 6 cloves garlic, minced 2 scalions, chopped, incl green part 1 tsp sesame oil (I sometimes toss in some extra veggies if it's the only dish I'm cooking)     sauce: 1 Tbsp Szechwan sweet bean sauce or ground bean sauce 2 Tbsp black soy sauce 2 tsp brown sugar 1 Tbsp pale dry sherry 1 tsp chili oil Make...
Pasta tonight, inspired by some of the other dishes. No picture.   Sweated a healthy 1/4 cup of shallot in olive oil, some salt and pepper, added about half a teaspoon of dried herbs - oregano, basil, rosemary.  When the shallots looked nice and soft poured in a 1/4 cup white wine, up the heat and let reduce. Drained the angel hair while waiting, stirred in a bit of butter to keep it from sticking too much.   A fresh tomato out of the garden, small dice, gets tossed...
Onions, or shallots, diced finely and cooked for a long time in stews tend to "melt" away and become mostly invisible.   mjb.
@tiemu that looks VERY nice!   mjb.
I should have another ripe tomato today, think I know what I'll be fixing for dinner.   mjb.