or Connect

Posts by teamfat

If you have a Kroger affiliated grocery in your area you probably know their current promotion is "A Taste of Spain"   I saw they had a boxed 'paella kit' for $5.99, containing rice, olive oil and a seasoning packet. I'm sure it is quite authentic.   mjb.
 As I remember it, the three parts, 1st, 2nd and 3rd sections are the drum, the flat and the tip. Tips are best used in stock, though I often keep them on when doing whole wings. mjb.
Cool! Keep us posted. I'm still a bit leery of only 12 hours on the salt before drying as the original recipe says. Maybe I should try it myself and see.   mjb.
 Been quite some time. But with good beef and a well made gravy it can be quite tasty. mjb.
Somewhat surprised we've not seen a rendition of this dish yet.   The Players       Fairly basic pile of stuff. Store bought bacon, since mine is still in the cure, store bought sausage since I am actually kind of sick and not feeling all that energetic. You might have seen that jar of smoked and fermenting peppers before, one of the Fresnos is going into the hash browns.   The Procedure   I like a drop or two of hot sauce in my egg wash, in this case a mustard...
A gem from the stuff we hauled out of Karen's father's kitchen last weekend.     I'll give it a workout later tonight, perhaps, report back.   mjb.
  Think I will order a new sealing ring for the Presto.
Grilled cauliflower slices?   mjb.
So the cold smoked peppers go into a 4% brine. Here's what they look like now:     Most certainly fermentation is occurring. Pop off the loose fitting lid and you get a BIG hit of smoke. Take a taste of a pepper, not much smoke. Seems the brine pulls the smoke flavor out of the pepper, I guess.   Think I might hot smoke a batch of jalapenos this weekend, mince them and these peppers and do a mash rather than continue with whole chilies.   mjb.
You missed a spot.   mjb.