or Connect

Posts by teamfat

Shucks. Hot and dry for days and days and days. I was planning to do most of the cooking outside in my big charcoal cooker.  Currently moderate rain and wind gusts.  Oh well.   mjb.
I'm planning on one more dish, may get it done and posted tonight.
I left the professional kitchen back in 1975 or so. I wonder what it would be like for me to get back at it?   mjb.
A chicken thigh, plainly seasoned with garlic salt and pepper, done just right over charcoal with a crispy skin and tender, juicy interior is a delectable delight.   mjb.
 Gee, I just saw a chef do this on a cooking show I watched Friday evening, I think it was Top Chef from a few years back. I can't remember exactly but I think he blanhced the skin then deep fried. mjb.
Nice. It has been a less than stellar year for me so far. Had two tomato plants die, a green zebra and a black krim. Have yet to see any fruit on my white giant. And it looks like my second rosemary plant of the year is not long for this world. rosemary is pretty hardy, wonder why both plants died? Did pick my first jalapeno for last night's enchiladas.   mjb.
I've not had any, but I have heard smoked eel is pretty tasty.   mjb.
Good luck.   I've managed to lose 5 pounds so far this month, without cutting back my beer ration.   mjb.