or Connect

Posts by Le_Cordon_PU

Yes it was a bad experience and I’m not just speaking for myself. The culinary industry is a world of experience and hard work. It is one of the last bastions of true apprenticeship very much like carpentry or masonry. The current trend of tech and business schools opening up culinary programs is geared for one specific purpose and that is to make money. I don’t just speak for myself but dozens of others who have attended culinary schools and still have the same trouble...
Ok now I really resent that they are tagging key words in my rant with advertisements for culinary schools. Pretty shameless I must say.
Do not attend culinary school! It is unnecessary and expensive! Get work in the field even if you start out as a dishwasher. If your goal is to become a chef then as long as you are in the kitchen then you’re on the right track. Teach yourself how to cook and learn about the classic methods. Use your kitchen and your local library to obtain the appropriate reading material to learn the history and practice of the culinary arts. Then when you have built up enough confidence...
Do not attend culinary school! It is unnecessary and expensive! Get work in the field even if you start out as a dishwasher. If your goal is to become a chef then as long as you are in the kitchen then you’re on the right track. Teach yourself how to cook and learn about the classic methods. Use your kitchen and your local library to obtain the appropriate reading material to learn the history and practice of the culinary arts. Then when you have built up enough confidence...
I attended Le Cordon Bleu in Mendota Heights MN and regret it. The school administration lied at orientation about the curriculum and what ingredients the students would be utilizing. They mentioned ingredients such as truffles as well as seasonal produce and other fine ingredients, none of which were provided. The only truffle that they had was stored in a rusty can and no one was allowed to touch it. As far as the promise of other ingredients, well my fellow classmates...