or Connect

Posts by Peachcreek

How about 'monkey dish'?
1. Blessed Are the Cheesemakers.   2.I charge a lot for anything black- grapes, olives, black currants.   3.Mother always said I was sensitive to onions, as my great aunt Tita was"            
The last time I cut myself at work was on a piece of bread. Yes. Bread. And not while cutting bread or with a knife in the area or anything like that. (This is where you get that great visual of somebody getting sliced open with a piece of white bread). What happened was I was taking out some boules of oatmeal- rosemary bread from the oven. The crust was rock hard and had a small piece of dried rosemary that had popped up through the crust and as I was putting my breads...
My spouses' cooking skills sort of fossilized at the time we met- I feel its mostly my fault. I think I killed her cooking skills with love- why should she spend so much time and energy in the kitchen when I could go in there and just make something in quarter of the time?
An egg and a chicken are lying in bed together. The egg turns over and starts falling asleep. The chicken, in a short tone says "Well.... I guess that answers THAT question".
Mr. and Mrs Potato Head were crossing a street when a car comes careening around the corner, hitting poor Mr. Potato Head and severely injuring him. Soon the EMT's and ambulance arrive and take him to the ER. Mrs Potato Head, waits hours for some word of her husbands' condition, when finally the doctor appears. "Mrs. Potato Head, you husband was badly hurt. We did all we could, but I have some good news and some bad news". The doctor goes on "On the good side your husband...
A man decides to enter a silent order of monks. The Abbott tells the man that the monks are only allowed to speak once a decade. The man agrees. So 10 years go bye and they ask the man if he has anything to say and he says "My bed is as hard as a rock!" Another 10 years go by and again they ask the man if he has anything to say and he says "the porridge tastes like glue!' And so another 10 years goes bye and again they ask the man if he has anything to say and he says...
We rented "Julie and Julia" last week. We liked it a lot. Until now I never knew I cry when I see a cookbook get published!
We had the health inspector come in last week right during the middle of lunch service. Even though it was busy I had my kitchen manager walk through with them, take notes on any concerns and pay attention to anything that the inspector had an issue with. We sailed through with 2 minor (non critical) violations that were fixed on the spot. My experience with health inspectors is that if I don't view them as an adversary, and that they are there to enforce the rules to...
Make sure the turkey is completely thawed and patted dry inside and out. The local news ran a story about unsafe turkey frying practices and had the local fire dept. drop the frozen turkey into the vat of hot peanut oil. The fireball that resulted was pretty spectacular. And then they went on to mention that the deep-fried turkey method is responsible for over 4000 house fires on Thanksgiving. They also mentioned the safest place was to do it outside if possible. How...