Posts by Peachcreek

Once you've been working enough to develop practical experience you'll learn that all these methods are there to help construct your finished product. I just see them as methods that I can use to help me achieve what I want. Be glad people pay you to practice!   Peachcreek
I pat-tied out 50# of hamburger this afternoon.The owner said to me today 'You are the most patient person I've ever seen do that'. I said 'you wanna hear a joke? What is the difference between Transcendental Meditation and me pat-tying out burgers? She asked me what.. and my reply was '$12.00 an hour'.
Welcome to ChefTalk. I look forward to you adding your sweet wisdom to the discussion!   Tessa
...as I used to say to my salesguy: 'Thats a lotta cabbage for lettuce'.
I help out at a place that makes awesome wings. They use raw separate drummies and flats. Season with salt, pepper and bake for 15 min at 300F, take out and turn the wings, return to the oven for 15 min. Remove from oven and spread wings out to cool quickly in walk in. Then the cooled semi-precooked wings are deep fried to order. The precooking removes a lot of the blood and keeps the oil fresher. It also will lower the cooking time from 9/11 minutes down to more like 5/6...
Hello Jason! Welcome to ChefTalk.
Sure. Here is the recipe. I started by thinking of ways to modify a flour-less chocolate cake recipe into something chewier and more brownie-like. It turned out great for a first try. I named it what I did because in my opinion it has almost a truffle-like texture to it.  Its chewy, but it disappears in your mouth.    Chocolate Truffle Brownie 4 eggs 1 cup sugar 1 tsp vanilla 3/4 cup butter 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels 2 Tb cocoa powder 1 tsp salt 1 1/4...
PinChef, for me it gets down to trust.
Chocolate therapy.
PinsChef, its not only about price, it is about service! Be more accurate with pricing, delivery times, completeness of orders, responsiveness to problems. What that boils down to is this: Know what you sell. Know what you can promise. Be an ally to your customer. Solve a problem for them! Prices vary wildly week to week. Do you blindly tell a customer to order their usual items and suffer the price or do you say 'I have this alternative'. I once fired a salesperson...