or Connect

Posts by haggis

Thanks for the reply .Very informative ,We won't have air conditioning either (not allowed ) but we will build so as not to need in the first place ,even if it is sub -tropical here. Its all to do with passive solar ? my wife can talk for hours on the subject.The house we are hoping to build has to go threw very strict design codes and meet very rigerous green construction codes .
I am a huge fan of induction and will sing its praises , but now find my self hoping to build an enviromentaly friendly house and one of the many many conditions of planning are that it must be all gas ! (kitchen oven and stove) Even with the fact that electricty is generally a cleaner full ( except here in Australia where most of the power comes from coal ,which i suppose makes it a coal powered stove !) After years of wiping down gas stoves ,then finding how easy an...
I find the biggest patriots are the ones who moved over seas ,I can be walking in a store in Sydney and see a tin of shortbread with a tartan lable and get all blubbery! I went through a really sad period of buying Scottish teabags ,but I'm better now. Life is to short to be fussy ,offal is wonderful ,good calf 's liver ,devilled kidney's ,and foie gras OH foie gras .Which is banned here . How can you mention haggis and meat balls in the same sentence anyway ? Do you...
I'm a true patriot ( apart from immagrating and not liking cold rain and slush), BUT . One of the best black pudding i ever ate was made in Lancaster (UK) it had big chunks of a Lardo type fat in it and it came in a wee horseshoe . The last time i was back in Scotland some chefs were doing it with scallops and a Drambiue sauce ! not my cup of tea but there you go . But i really really miss good flat ( Lorne ) sausage ,i ate buckets of the stuff growing up ,last year...
Are you really going to make it ! HERE'S ONE FOR SHEEPS LUNG INSTEAD OF BEEF LUNG. Haggis Ingredients: 1 sheep's stomach bag 1 sheep's pluck - liver, lungs and heart 3 onions 250g beef Suet 150g oatmeal salt and black pepper a pinch of cayenne 150mls of stock/gravy Haggis Cooking Directions 1. Clean the stomach bag thoroughly and soak overnight. In the morning turn it inside out. 2. Wash the pluck and boil for 1.5 hours,...
Mr G ,what can i say .I am 30% Red wine (differing qualities ) 40% bacon Fat ,9% chocolate (65% cocoa ) 2% chilli and the remainder is MR Wagyu beef!! Intresting question though as i am sure you know Haggis is cooked in a sheeps stomach but think what a whopper you could do with a cows stomach ! ( i think they have 5 !1 sheep's lung (illegal in the U.S.; may be omitted if not available) Here you go just in case .Good luck 1 sheep's stomach 1 sheep heart 1 sheep...
Good Morning Dc Sunshine. I have used both Gas and induction over the last 8 years mostly on a small scale .The best advice i can give is ,you must give it a go yourself have you a friend ,or will they give you a go down at Harvey Norman ? ( some of the shops are set up to do cooking demo's) Here are a few things to make it more confusing ! Pro's Easy to clean , if you get one you will think why did i not get one years ago . Looks sexy and updates your property . ...
What a wonderful site , I look forward to reciving and giving advice ,hints recipes .Have 20 years as a qualified chef in the trade . Born in Scotland now living in Australia. H (my first forum !)