or Connect

Posts by Laura612

How did things turn out? Since most of my employees are on call, I wouldn't be calling back the ones that were basically being insubordinate. I don't mind input from my staff, but what it comes down to is what the customer contracted for and what our normal procedures are. I have friends that help our when we are busy and they know that when we are doing a catering, that is where my focus is, not on being their friend. If they are giving me a hard time about...
I recommend getting a toolbox and filling it up with some of your must haves. Our toolbox includes: scissors, flicker lighter, matches, bandaids, ribbon, pins, pens, permanent marker, sterno snuffer, emergency sternos, gloves, business cards & holder, menus, foil, travel dish soap, screwdriver, degreaser bottle, etc. I also highly recommend the check list. We call ours the pull list. I have it prefilled with everything we could ever need. Then for each catering we...
We charge a $20 delivery fee + 7% gratuity to the invoice. The $20 delivery fee goes toward maintaining our catering vans (2)... gas ($3.75 a gallon right now), insurance, etc. The $20 is for up to 25 miles, after that it increases about $5 per 10 miles. The 7% gratuity goes to the driver. The driver gives 5% of that 7% to a pot for the cooks. We rarely get a complaint from anyone over the fee. By ordering through catering our clients are getting a price break...
Want to talk about bored with my display... we only serve Mexican food and so we only offer two types of displays... Mexican or Wedding decor. I work for a Mexican restaurant, so we are limited on our menu...which I'm bored with as well. :roll:
Thanks for the sites. One of our clients prefers us to use "green" products. I just put in a new bid for the end of April and if we get it would like to use something better than just thick paper plates. If I can find some decent looking biodegradable plates at a great cost, then I would definately be willing to switch. I hate seeing all the waste that we use on our mobile caterings.
Well, 13oz for a large party is about right. 14-16oz is what I'm going to prepare for smaller parties.
The servers are included in the base price of our menu choices up to four hours (including travel time to and from, setting up, breaking down and actual service time.), then we charge $15 p/hr p/server for any add'l time needed. This is rare though and usually just for weddings. We add a 18% service charge to the food & beverage subtotal. None of this is hidden though, we let the customer know right away, plus it is stated on our menus. 95% of the time all of our...
Yes... just keep them seperated. LOL The Cambro box works as in insulator for either hot or cold food.
What type of cold food do you plan on transporting shape-wise? We usually use Cambros.
Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum (obviously) and can't wait to get to know everyone. Anyways, I am catering a luncheon for 630 people next Thursday and the one thing I always seem to struggle on is when the customer wants something other than canned soda. In this case, they want lemonade & sweetened iced tea. I'm guestimating at 15oz per person... but was wondering if there was a good rule of thumb? I always bring extra to prepare, but would like to have a...