or Connect

Posts by chefboy2160

I have been told this line more times than I care to remember!
Not in my experience.
Obsidian is the correct answer. Eye surgeons use these scalpels as they do not tear and leave the scar tissue that surgical stainless ones do. The Spaniards reported that the Aztecs war Swords could cut of a Horses head. And that knife which cut out the hearts of uncounted numbers of sacrificial victims was made out of good old Obsidian. Historians are now speculating that the reason the very advanced Indian cultures of this area did not develop metallurgy to the extant...
Perhaps its a Belgiun Blue (Coticule)? If it is its a great find for sure.
So do you knife geeks and gurus know what knife is the sharpest that you can use to cut with that requires no sharpening?
Well perhaps we should also wear surgical masks so our breath doe not contaminate the customers food also, or maybe just ban breathing. From my experience kuan hit the nail on the head with false sense of security and that glove box is already contaminated after it is opened. Training , education and monitoring is the best solution but remember, you cant fix stupid.
Welcome to cheftalk! It also depends on what types of knives you are going to sharpen. Chefs Choice has a number of models and is ranked pretty hi as far as the pull through electric sharpeners go. You could also use the knife sharpening service in your area which is what a lot of pro chefs do (normally you can find one at the cutlery store) but you will still want to get a steel and learn how to use it (easy peasy) so you can keep your knives true (sharp) between trips to...
Have fun! Glad it feels good in your hand........
You sound like me in your desire for a knife with some weight/feel behind it as well as some of the benefits of a light sharp knife. Good Luck! You want the belly of a German knife along with the heft but also the finesse and (hardness) of Japanese Steel. Perhaps you would be better off  in your purchase instead of the 1 knife for all tasks get 2 knives of the same caliber but each better suited for there tasks. This is the ultimate question on the forum but if you really...
I hate to say it as mostly this site has become the who is who of knives and this out preforms that, but for your work I would probably just go with a standard Forschner knife and call it good.Replace as needed and does a great job but then again it does not cost that much, cant brag about it and you really cant talk about all the fancy stuff you need to keep it sharp but hey at least it lasts quite awhile with an ease of up keep. Better then some of my wives...