or Connect

Posts by chefboy2160

This advice is golden! You sound passionate about learning so get somewhere where you can be in the proper atmosphere to absorb all the knowledge possible. Your chef is not going to change his ways for you so you need a better chef to learn under and when you have filled your cup there its time to move on. At your age there is no limit to what you can accomplish but you must not associate with the bad work habits some chefs allow in there kitchens. A well run kitchen is a...
Working in a union house is much more about management then hands on cooking. It is a good place to hone your management/HR skills and this kind of knowledge can be very usefull in your career. You just have to look at yourself as the one pushing the buttons to get the desired results. Also really get to know the unions handbook as this can be a two edged sword but the more you understand it the better off you are! Also you can develop new dishes and menu items without...
Late is never good my man! I would seriously change your work ethics or you will not be moving up!. In my kitchen  I would have counseled you pretty strongly the first two times and said adios to you on the third. You can be the best cook in the world but if you are undependable then you are no good to the kitchen crew and my job as chef is to put the best team together and give the best food and service to the customer.And also as a culinary student you should learn the...
I agree with you Steve whole hearted but I also agree with leeniek.My attitude is always positive and I have found that its best just to not buy into the BS because if you do you just feed the ugly animal of negativity. You always perform better work and have a much better sense of accomplishment when you are happy and positive. Just don't feed that bad animal and keep your eyes on the " finish line".
Wow,thats a small group for 3 meats but I will give it a go. First off if I was you I would cook the cuts of meat they expect and you are most comfortable with and comfortable carving. Suggestions would be Prime Rib Au Jus or Top Round Au Jus for beef ( Although I do not know if Scotland is bigger on Gravies like the Britts are. For Pork a nice loin is always a keeper as well as a Glazed Ham amd you could do a nice big Turkey for pretty cheap if this is the 3 they would...
Welcome to cheftalk.A couple of things we need to know in order to give you suggestions would be a head count, location for the event (indoors or outdoors) , the type of menu the client would like and your staffing for this party. Again Welcome............
My prints are gone and the guy that tried to get them said it was probably all the years spent in kitchens! Guess its time to learn safe cracking.
Welcome to cheftalk and and sorry you went down the rabbit hole but trust me it is a fun journey. The fibrox you mention is probably the Forschner brand who are also the people who make the swiss army knives. You can also get these knives with Rosewood handles which I actually prefer over the fibrox and I like the stamped over the forged because they are easier to sharpen and thinner blades. These knives are rhe work horse in many food industries from butchers /...
Thank god its Friday..............    
The Pastors family........   A pastor's wife was expecting a baby, so he stood before the congregation and asked for a raise. After much discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the pastor's family expanded; so would his paycheck. After 6 children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the pastor's expanding salary. A great deal of yelling and inner bickering ensued, as to how much the pastor's...