or Connect

Posts by chefboy2160

Here is a new product idea.........   People pay ridiculous amount of money for Caviar, which is simply fish eggs! Women don't use all of the eggs that their bodies produce. When a woman dies, I suggest we harvest their eggs and sell them! I present to you.... Cadaviar!  
Never is on a salary job. Mid 40s was my best salary position working as chef and that is 70 + hours weekly. The other consideration is days off for your life and my worst run was 8 months with 5 days off and 3 of them were spent on airplanes going to other accounts to work. Salary now is 30k and no it aint worth it! Works out to 7 bucks an hour but you gotta love freedom as slavery would cost more for those poor corporations and stockholders..............
This is golden advice! My path changed very similar to chefedb and it allowed me to raise my family in a much better way. Look at your children and think about what is best for there future. It also sound as if your hubby could be in a great situation for future jobs by taking this Sous position.Good luck on his decision...........
Yes its cool. Sounds like you are dialed in to this kitchens operations. Keep the feeling alive and continue to grow as you learn!. This post is quite professional  and you seem to have a grip on the life of being a chef in this house. It is coming soon if your personality goes this way but chef in a new place might be your next move. You have to jump sometime but just do it on your terms and have fun cause what else do we really have.........................  
Yes BDL you are right about simple green for a very clogged stone used with oil but then I clean my stones after every sharpening session so probably this is why it works for me. I did clean an old norton tri stone which was gummed up with vegetable oil a few years back with the tile and floor cleaner the outlet had and had great results with a soak in the pure cleaner(no dilution) and a 20 minute boil, a couple hours cool down and a good scrubbing with several trips...
I have done both depending upon conditions. Now I get dressed in my uniform and go. What if you wear checked pants as I do should you change them also. I spend enough time at work without the added enjoyment of having to get dressed again when I arrive, take a break and then again when I leave.I really do not see what a big deal this is except from an ego standpoint and the common sense of doing more laundry but then again I am older and starting to really streamline my...
People who point at their wrist while asking for the time. I know where my watch is buddy, where the frack is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the bathroom is? People who are willing to get off their a$$ to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Frack off. What good is a cake if you can't eat it? What, should...
Little Mary   Little Mary Margaret was not the best student in Catholic School. Usually she slept through the class. One day her teacher, a Nun, called on her while she was sleeping. "Tell me Mary Margaret, who created the universe?" the Nun asked. When Mary Margaret didn't stir, little Johnny, who was her friend sitting behind her, took his pencil and jabbed her in the rear. "God Almighty!" shouted Mary Margaret. The Nun said, "Very good" and continued teaching...
Oxymorons are figures of speech combining contradictory terms. **Military Intelligence **Resident alien **Advanced BASIC **Genuine imitation **Same difference **Almost exactly **Business ethics **Twelve-ounce poundcake **New classic **Passive aggression **Sweet sorrow **"Now, then..." **Synthetic natural gas **Peace force **Temporary tax increase **Computer security **Plastic glasses **Terribly pleased **Political science **Definite maybe
   OK Baxter, bring me some Pizza.......................