or Connect

Posts by chefboy2160

the winter was going to be cold or not. Not really knowing an answer, the chief replies that the winter was going to be cold and that the members of the village were to collect wood to be prepared. Being a good leader, he then went to the next phone booth and called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is this winter to be cold?" The man on the phone responded, "This winter is going to be quite cold indeed." So the Chief went back to speed up his people to...
At the Easter morning services the pastor of the Baptist church had called all of the little children to the front of the church, dressed in their cute Easter outfits and had them sit around him. He said "Today is Easter and you all look so handsome and beautiful. Today we're going to talk about the resurrection. Does anyone know what the resurrection is?" One little boy raised his hand, and the pastor said "Please tell us what the resurrection is". The boy, proud...
A firefighter was working on the engine outside the Station, when he noticed a little girl nearby in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the sides and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle. The girl was wearing a firefighter's helmet. The wagon was being pulled by her dog and her cat. The firefighter walked over to take a closer look. 'That sure is a nice fire truck,' the firefighter said with admiration. 'Thanks,' the girl replied.The...

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, Especially since his name is Steve.  
When u think ur having a bad day, just think someone else is gonna have snooki as there mother!!!!!  
I cant even comprehend how you can run a 12% food cost. 10% would be impossible IMHO! Lower food cost items such as Pizza and Pastas normally run in the low 20s and unless you are doing concession type prices (5 dollar beers,sodas and dogs) I find this figure just flat out wrong. Weddings and social catering events normally run in the 30s and at a 12% food cost with revenue at 5 million thats only $600,000 for your annual food and beverage budget. For example I ran a...
Sadly I feel that a lot of the modern crop of employees are seriously lacking in a basic work ethic.An employee with integrity is getting harder and harder to find and this is one thing you can try to teach but the sense of entitlement that most young employees bring to the work place makes this habit they have grown up with a very hard nut to crack if at all. My best crews have for the most part been Hispanic and not native to this country. A large percent of the home...
Simple green hand cleaner will do the trick. I read about this on another forum and have been useing it for years as I sharpen dry. Simple green with a Scotch brite and a rinse and dry and you are good to go.
It sounds like A will get you more money initially but perhaps B would be the place to go to school at and look for the long term. A has the publicity of the chef and you will never be known for your work there as it was all the chefs creations. B on the other hand might be better established and has found a way to make money doing this biz. Tough choice and really it does not matter much as you should take your decision as a win/win  cenario for you are in a very great...