or Connect

Posts by elizabethbryce@

Searching recipes via google is fun and straightforward, well, at least according to me.... I love to do this especially when I have something in the fridge I would like to cook that day or scheduled a particular meat for the day. Ideas, suggestions, whateverelse it is called, comes in the form of recipes, sometimes, even how to serve them. I copy and paste in my word processor, but make use of ingredients what I have in my fridge or pantry I can substitute, mainly because...
I had been taught that those that do not have their veins behind their backs isn't the fresh anymore. We grew up having shrimps and prawns and lobsters/crayfrish that are still "moving" so to speak...not those ones that were already dead and frozen. They are still jumping up and down when the shellfish reached home. What could be more fresher? It is easy to remove the digestive tracts after they are taken home. .I guess different strokes for different folks...
We went shooting at a target range in Arnold (Missouri) yesterday morning with some friends, then had lunch at a nice restaurant somewhere...talk of political correctness stuff...Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America,Kentuckians, Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as 'HILLBILLIES. ' You must now refer to them as APPALACHIAN- AMERICANS. And, furthermore. .. HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY...
Since there is only hubby, doggie and me, I cook a whole heap of winter soup and stop short of putting all the vegetables in. What I do after cooking the soup/meat base, I just get some containers and portioned them for 3 each container. Then the last base in the pot is the one where I put the vegetables in for dinner (one-pot meals). The rest of the meat base portion do not have the vegetables in them that will go soggy when defrosted. I just get one portion and use that...
Yes, it did...thank you very much. Izzie.
sorry, I jumped too quick. Forgive me???:blush: This thread is really very helpful...I have read through it and I had learned a lot. Thanks. :bounce:
I did mention that vinegar cuts through the grease??? Despite my long explanation, perhaps not....:blush:
Oh geez! thanks everyone for this thread. I had just finished reading it and learned a thing or two about barbeque-ing...perhaps when hubby goes out somewhere i can start the barbeque too on my own, see around here, "it's THE man's job" to start the barbeque...:(I am sure it is just a few starters to light one but I have never been allowed to touch that barbeque...I am of the mind to have my own barbeque built or I'll build it myself if I have to so I can allow myself to...
I cook my own tuna or salmon. I can't get it perfect yet as I like my fish more on the Asian side of cooking than the American side. This is mainly because when I first came to live here in the US, I became sort of "flavour of the month" person among my husband's friends. One couple brought us to their eldest kid and boyfriend's restaurant. I was served salmon so dry that I was scarred for life so I have never eaten any restaurant fish ever since. I serve fish once or...
Having grown up near the seas, I always like fresh shrimps and prawns and lobsters/crayfish. I can eat them 365/24/7. But this is just me...In my experience, fresh seafood e.g., shrimps has to have its head on and not chopped off. The heads are good for making seafood broth too. If I buy a bag or kilo/lb of shrimps/prawns in the supermarket, I look for those that still have their veins at the back. :peace:Love shellfish!!!