Posts by MaryB

You are replying to a 5 year old post...
Plenty of chili threads already if you search.   Hand chopped chuck roast(1/4 inch dice) small diced onion diced garlic mild chili powder to taste(I use 1/4 cup but for some that is to much spice) Hot chili powder to taste(I use my homemade that is extremely hot, a teaspoon makes it hot!) Beef stock/beer to cover the meat small can tomato sauce(8 ounces) masa flour(optional)   Sear the meat then add the onions and saute until they are clear, add the garlic and...
Potato salad comes to mind, especially if you made hard boiled eggs for Easter and have some left...   Sliced and fried in bacon fat with bacon and eggs over easy for breakfast...   Mash them with a little milk then add some raw egg until they form a fluffy mixture then drop into a pan with 1/4 inch of hot oil and flatten and fry for potato pancakes. Some grated onion goes good in this too. This is also one way I use up mashed potatoes that are leftover.   Potato...
I have one of these screwed to the wall in my pantry https://www.amazon.com/Weston-36-3501-W-French-Fry-Cutter/dp/B000T3OO8C when I harvest potatoes I turn 1/2 of them into french fries that I have blanched in oil then spread on sheet trays to cool then freeze. I vacuu bag them in serving size bags and they keep for a year.   That cutter should handle sweet potato no problem, mounted to the wall you can apply a LOT of force.
Bacon Potato Soup 1 pound of bacon cut in bite sized pieces and fried off to remove fat. Save the fat to saute the veg 1 pound of potato cut in bite sized pieces Small onion chopped Celery chopped saute the onion and celery in a little bacon fat until tender Add the potatoes and bacon to the pot Cover with whole milk and simmer until potatoes are tender.   Do NOT let this boil or the milk will break, you want a slow simmer.   I serve this with biscuits and...
I am out of pickled carp... sorry... I catch and pickle carp every spring, and smoke 6 or so then I vac bag them and freeze in snack sized sections.
I don't think pickled herring on a saltine will win...
No kidding, I did a year at a McDonalds. Lunch rush was insane some days and I had to make decisions that no robot could. And I was flipping 10+ burgers in the time that thing did one!
Lard, it leaves little bits of cut lard in the dough and when they flash to steam you get the puffs...
Most grocery store pork is injected with 12-20% saltwater, that is what is oozing out