or Connect

Posts by MaryB

Chopped veg of choice sauteed until any onion or celery is clear(could caramelize it too), a dark lager or ale, some beef stock, add ribs and braise after lightly browning them.
Just an idea but we should gather all the monthly challenge recipes into a yearly cookbook. Could use a plain text format or mastercook.
Wrights is the only one that i can tolerate. I use it in my jerky in winter when it is to cold to fire up the smoker.
I simmer rib tips in sauerkraut all the time. add a little instant mashed potato to the kraut as a thickener. Shred the rib meat then add it back to the kraut and serve over mashed potatoes.
A teaspoon of liquid smoke is way to much, try just a few drops to 1/4 teaspoon maximum. I don't think you will replicate the real flavor/texture of slow cooked pork but it will be edible.
I have pickled carp in the spring, this time of year they taste to muddy.
I never really have much liquid from brats... brown on grill then into a pan of sauerkraut and sliced onion to simmer over indirect heat on the weber or in the house on a very low burner. Any liquid in the kraut gets bound into the instant mashed potato I stir in as a thickener before serving the kraut.
I have a half dozen of these floating around the kitchen and stuck to the pellet box on the smoker. Very handy for a lot of things.     
Unfiltered apple cider vinegar that still has the "mother" in it is very healthy. The lacto bacteria culture is still alive and is supposed to be like taking probiotics.
Next weekend I am going to pickle some shredded turnips, make sauer ruben. Supposed to be tastier than sauerkraut on sandwiches!