or Connect

Posts by MaryB

Pike is so good just floured and fried in a pan. Little salt and pepper. Simple, easy, no more work than a fish stick and it will be tasty
Been picking lots of green beans, about the only thing other than lettuce that is producing. Roma tomatoes are loaded with 1 almost ripe, beefsteak are just first flowering. Sweet corn is struggling and the grasshoppers are taking a toll on the leaves. Turnips I planted for greens have been setting nice bulbs, about 2 inches now so not to long before I start to pick and freeze those.
Most summers peppers do well here, this year not so much. Been to cool.
I always pickle peppers in the fall, farmers markets will have end of season baskets full that I buy cheap. I do a mixes hot pepper that can be anything up to habenero, plain pickled jalapeno slices, and pickled banana peppers for milder use.
Why instant? Regular rice takes 20 minutes to cook and is easy. twice as much water as rice, bit of salt and any seasonings and herbs, bring to a simmer, cover and set the timer for 20 minutes.
Rough year for gardening, first cold and wet, then hot and dry, now back to cold and wet...
I never foil EXCEPT when someone gives me some small cuts to cook, way to easy to dry them out before they get done.
Look up pipefitters disease, happens when you weld on zinc coated steel. As it gets hot the zinc off gasses and can cause flu like symptoms.
I always use a splash of juice from the pickle jar. Adds flavor and thins the dressing.
Chickem, pork in several forms, beef in multiple forms, fish once...