or Connect

Posts by MaryB

I take thanksgiving leftovers and use disposable 3 compartment plates. I place veg in one, the stuffing in another, some potato and the protein covered in gravy in the third largest compartment. The gravy helps keep it moist when nuked. I vacuum bag these and stick them in the freezer. Take one out and thaw it overnight in the fridge then nuke in the vacuum bag(cut a slit one corner for steam. Tastes almost as good as the day I made it. Use of gravy or some stock over the...
Put an 8 foot tall pole in a 5 gallon bucket, add a couple strings from the bucket lip to the top. Plant Kentucky Wonder green beans by each string. Will provide enough green beans for a fresh meal every 4-5 days. I planted a 15 foot row and picked a stuffed gallon ziplock full today. 4 strings should work. They are a climbing bean, I put up a 4 foot fence and they are trying to tip it over from the weight.
I add a shot to my morning V8 along with a glug of Franks Hot Sauce.
For leaf lettuce I always washed it, spin dry(you do have a salad spinner right?), then wrap in barely damp paper towels and place it in a ziplock. Would keep 2 weeks easy if I got away from my normal salad a night routine.
Maybe meant a tomato with a thicker meat and less jelly/seeds? Many heirlooms have that characteristic already.
Start here http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/freeze.html I blanch and freeze a lot of garden produce. Blanching times depend on what it is so go by the guide. I vacuum bag mine and have had 3 year old veg that still tasted fresh picked.
Get a 5 gallon water cooler like you see on work sites. Fill with as hot of water as you can but NOT boiling(plastic is not designed for 200 degrees!) When I catered that was what I used. Could run it to the house on site or refill by hot water off a camp stove. Has a spout to fill a small plastic tub for hand washing.   And bring a box of gloves! I used gloves a lot, saved on needing to wash hands constantly when prepping 200 pounds of meat. I could prep everything, get...
If you want totally pure salt get pickling salt. It has nothing added. I use it for popcorn and canning(it is a finer salt) along with on top of fried foods sometimes.
S&P and cook it! I know of no marinade that won't mess with the texture of the meat. You could beat the crap out of them but then they will be flat...