or Connect

Posts by MaryB

Check your olive oil and other oils you are using to saute! If they are rancid it would cause that flavor profile!
Foodsaver bags can be washed and reused for a smaller item!
Usually says to smoke at X temp until the meat reaches Y temp internally. Usually low temps for smoking bacon and stop when it is 165 internal temp(I go to 145 usually and treat it as an uncooked product). My smoker will hold around 190 on smoke setting.
Add a little fennel to the turkey meat maybe... for herbs I use oregano, basil, thyme... and as I cook I taste and add seasoning until it is right!   Turkey is so bland to start with so it is tough to make it substitute for pork or beef.
Rule of thumb I was taught... hard cheese you can cut the mold off and salvage the rest. Softer cheeses like mozz I would chuck it because the mold will penetrate deeper!   When I buy a large block of cheese I cut it in fourths and vacuum bag them. Take care to not touch the cheese with your bare hands(I cut it in the store wrapper). I have stored a cut block of cheddar this way for up to 3 months with no mold growth. When you want to use the cheese cut the vacuum bag a...
Pulled pork with a classic vinegar red pepper sauce!
Taste tested the Barleywine at 2 weeks in the bottle. Needs more aging but not bad at all! Stuff came in at 12% alcohol too! Cleared very well in the bottle already too!
Saw that and it is disgusting!   Chinook IPA, grapefruit and resinous hop smell and flavor. Really good drinking beer and would be great on a hot day! Yes it is a bit hazy...  
I would think bacon from any animal would be allowed as long as it is a real bacon and not just a brined hunk of meat. Beef bacon is good stuff too that I haven't made for a year.
This is an extract brew from Northern Brewer called Caribou Slobber, brown ale with a LOT of coffee and chocolate notes to it. Only brewed 2 gallons of this and may have to do more! This one is a good sipping beer after a meal.     I have another I taste tested that will be ready for drinking later this week. Chinook Ale. Pours with a nice orangish head, hits you with grapefruit and pine as you drink it. Thinking it will pair well with poultry and pork.