Posts by MaryB

Corn starch batter maybe... it would be very light colored. Tenderness tells me they are getting in bagged frozen tenders that are brined already. Thaw, dip, fry... season to taste in the batter and make sure to season the meat too with S&P.
I buy 90% of my meat from local ranchers/farmers. Only exception is fish and I like skinless chicken breasts for quick meals(stir fry, chicken strips, saute them...).
Gumbo, rice, Crusty french bread(just baked), beer!
I use a little beef base in my gravy to boost the flavor. Better than Bullion is pretty decent! Or if I have it on hand I will use homemade stock I reduce by 3/4 so it is super rich. It adds that extra beefy kick that I think you are missing. Mushrooms can also add a ton of added flavor and they don't have to be pieces. I use dried mushroom powder the same was as the beef base. I don't add enough to make it taste like a mushroom but enough to make the flavor profile...
Texture resembles snot...
If you decide to use frozen fish and batter yourself thaw it on sheet trays lined with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. I then press down on the filet with more paper towels to get the sogginess out before battering or breading.    And if you use a good beer batter you can also use it to make onion rings. A well done beer battered fresh onion ring is one of my favorite bar snacks and I think it would sell well!
That oven temp seems really low... low heat cooking to me is 275f (135c) or so in the oven...
I shoot for 130ish then let it rest. But that is on bigger roasts. On a 3 pound roast it is going to cool faster so you may need to hit 135...
I double the Worcestershire sauce and the seasoning salt, and use mixed nuts instead of peanuts. Skip the pretzels and other things, just the Chex cereal and nuts. I am a salt addict so...