Posts by MaryB

I double the Worcestershire sauce and the seasoning salt, and use mixed nuts instead of peanuts. Skip the pretzels and other things, just the Chex cereal and nuts. I am a salt addict so... 
Freshwater clams cooked in the campfire... NASTY, muddy, chewy, super fishy taste   Eelpout, a fish caught in northern Minnesota lakes. Slime drips off them and when you clean them make sure you are standing upwind because they STINK. Steamed and served with butter they are called poor mans lobster!     And a tie between mud duck stew (tastes like everything that floats in a swamp...) and muskrat stew that was nasty, oily, fishy, swampy tasting...
Kangaroo steaks, shrimp cooked outside on the grill!
Beef and refried bean chimichangas with a nice salad on the side, tex-mex rice a friend brought(no clue what the recipe is but I suspect cooked rice, salsa, taco seasoning...). Decided on an easier to cook meal!
Use it for bean and bacon soup, make gravy to put over biscuits...
My guess is you will have maybe an extra cup of beans. You can add them and if needed add more beef stock or half a bottle of beer(any good lager or non-hoppy ale)
Careful reducing beer, you enhance the hop bitterness a LOT!   I made a pot of chili yesterday, used 1/4 of a bottle of a chocolate milk stout in it. Went well with the sweet pairing against the tomato, chocolate and chili's pair well...
Stouts pair well with red meats...
I make these whenever I can find them! Dinosaur ribs! Like a chuck roast on a bone flavor wise. Slow smoked they are falling apart melt in your mouth tender!   If your gas grill is multiple burner just turn on one burner and put the ribs on the cold side. Use a foil packet of wood chips on top of the other burners flame bar for some smoke.
Ahhh that old extract kit "tang" flavor!