or Connect

Posts by MaryB

dried herbs on the stem, for sweet make hard candy toothpicks by pouring into powdered sugar molds
I am still trying to wrap my head around "doesn't like steaks" lol
A common "weed" is stinging nettle. Very tasty when cooked, almost like spinach.
Modern pressure cookers are pretty safe as long as you don't crank the heat and walk off. You need to keep an eye on things every 5-10 minutes. I always do big stock batches too and then pressure can them.
Keep the Tbones, sirloins, rib steaks, they are the premium cuts. If you BBQ at all keep the brisket. And I would keep the chuck and arm roasts for sure. Round and rump roasts make good beef jerky once the sinew is trimmed out. Grind the tongue and heart into the hamburger, you will never know it is there!   Brisket makes very good hamburger, I use round steak to make chili after I hand chop it into 1/2 inch cubes. Way t was cut the original way is about how mine is done...
Only in the fridge using that method or otherwise you chance spoilage and sickness
Reason you won't get a whole lot of reply's here is students are encouraged to do their own research. Also why some of my answers were vague. If you need information on a topic google is your friend, but stay away from wikipedia for a source!
Yup the new jars will still let you know if they are not sealed. As I sit here 5 of 12 pickle jars have sealed in the kitchen judging by the sound. Not a processed pickle but the boiling brine is hot enough to pull a seal as the jars cool. These are going in the fridge to cure where they last a year. I just push them to the back.
Maybe make this into a poll? I am not a chef and no longer cater but here are my answers.   1. I avoid it as much as possible. I am finding I have allergy problems with it.   2. Oppose! GMO monoculture is destroying the genetic diversity we used to have for food. That diversity as a protection against famine if some new super bug or weed crops up that is resistant to the GMO. This is already happening to an extent requiring heavier use of herbicides and pesticides than...
A small toaster over would really widen your cooking horizons... when I moved into this house I had no kitchen, I cooked on a coleman camp stove and used a toaster over for 2 years and turned out a lot of good food.