or Connect

Posts by MaryB

And I have a chicken leg quarter on the smoker... to bad I got the skin side a bit crispy...
I often look at a recipe and come up with something totally different using the ingredients listed... cooking is all about experimenting for me!
I was just saying be careful! There are cheap hair dryers out there that may not have the required safeties! Last one I got from WalMart got hot enough to start paper on fire and ended up being recalled!
Squid? That is what a couple of online dictionaries came up with. I know of nothing in it that is dangerous...
That just screams fire hazard to me if something fails...
Added WalMarts Mainstays brand, been abusing 3 of them for 10 years! Added a review also.
I ate a lot of meat and potatoes growing up... hamburgers were often, roast beef on Sundays, meatloaf, meatballs in cream of mushroom soup gravy(I still make this, it is tasty! Same for meatloaf!), mom baked chicken which was horribly bland, dad did not like spicy food so salt and pepper were the only seasoning in a lot of foods. Mom made an egg noodle/hamburger/tomato dish she called goulash that was okay but it was better the next day fried in a pan until crispy. Potato...
quick web search turns up this   Black Peppermint is a naturally occurring hybrid from a cross between Water Mint (Mentha aquatica) and Spearmint (Mentha spicata.) It is stronger tasting than regular peppermint. It is a perennial, growing 1 to 2 feet (30 to 60 cm) tall, with red stems and dark green leaves tinged with purple. It needs moist soil to grow in. It can be used raw in salads or as a garnish, or in cooking. Dried leaves can be used for tea. Black...
Nature of that fish type... I have yet to find a decent way to cook it and it is often mushy.
Again, I do not care what the culinary book definition of a roux is. Common usage is what goes here considering this area of the discussion board is loaded with some very talented home cooks!   Simple supper tonight for me, fried off some chopped bacon and set aside to drain, pour off most of the fat and caramelize some onions, added beaten eggs and make an omelet. Add bacon and some slabs of cheddar, zap it under the broiler to melt the cheese. Recovering from a multi...