or Connect

Posts by MaryB

Looks good! Slices of toast, mayo, tomato...
Varies with time of year and what is available... soups/stews/slow roasted meats in winter, BBQ anything with cold salads in summer!
GROSS!
I used to butcher with friends. We would get 6 sides of beef from a farmer we knew and process them in a weekend. We setup the 3 stall garage with space for the meat saw and grinder, tables where the kids trimmed scrap off the bones for hamburger grind, and a table for sausage making. All meat was ground on Saturday and mixed with spices then we stuffed sausages on Sunday. Nice part about working in the garage in Nov is temp control. We kept it about 40 degrees as we...
I would take it to 195 internal temp... time depends on cooking temp and weight...
I have a stone from here http://bakingstone.com/ they work very well!
Almost all my soups look more like stews!
Surprised nobody has posted a bowl of chili! Pound of round steak chopped, 1 onion, bacon fat. Saute until the onion is clear and the meat is nicely browned. Add tomato sauce, beef stock, 4 tablespoons mild chili powder, teaspoon+ of my own hot chili powder blend and simmer until the meat is tender. I also simmered some pintos and added them when the meat had 1/2 hour to go along with some of the liquid they cooked in. Topped with shredded cheddar and eat! Simple and...
After I pan sear the steaks and finish in the oven if thicker than 1" I add some fine chopped garlic to the pan and cook it down to a golden brown, then add a shot or Worcestershire sauce and reduce, then off the heat work in a couple pats f butter. The sauce will thicken a tiny bit. Herbs of choice can go in with the W sauce too. Key for this is everything is fresh and the butter gives it the needed body for a sauce. Pour over the steak when plating, garnish with just...
Cream can be used for whipping and on top of all kinds of things and you could make it into homemade butter(save the buttermilk to make fried chicken). Milk could be used to make potato soup, beer cheese soup, little bit in mashed potatoes, most pancake/waffle(freeze well! Reheat in waffle iron!) recipes call for it. Pudding and custards also...