or Connect

Posts by MaryB

I buy a quarter of beef at a time so frozen is what I get.  But it is grass fed, aged 2 weeks then cut wrapped and delivered for $3 a pound. I have had Omaha Steaks and wasn't impressed plus they use a lot pf paparin(sp?) to tenderize them and to much of that makes me ill.     I can make my own canned pumpkin that blows away the grocery store stuff. Much fresher taste and an heirloom pumpkin variety so more nutrients. Garden produce gets canned or frozen depending on...
I pay $3 a pound cut wrapped and delivered when I buy a 1/4 of beef once a year. Individual cuts from that source are a bit higher but still reasonable for high quality locally butchered beef.
4 foot drifts in the yard but I am in garden mode myself. Searching for a good sweet corn variety that is heirloom and will be good for grinding to cornmeal.  Only planting heirlooms this year so I can save seeds. With the west coast drought fresh veg prices are going to go through the roof so going to need a bigger garden this year.
Going to be trying to grind my own cornmeal next fall. Looking for a good variety of corn for it. I bought a new flour mill that can handle corn, nuts, pretty much anything I can feed it.
Yeah what is with that hair? Like she stuck her hands in high voltage....
I am a CSA(Community Supported Agriculture, a garden I buy a share in) member plus I garden myself. Fresh from my garden veg is way healthier than anything you can buy in the store. No chemicals used at all, grown in soil that hasn't been strip mined by monoculture so the vegetables are loaded with nutrients. I can/pickle/freeze and enjoy it year round. Been eating pickled beets from last falls harvest as an example. And sweet corn from my freezer. Made a kale soup the...
A tiny bit of water can help, other liquids can make them weep if they are held long.
Sorry only base I use is Better than Bullion...
I  have never developed a taste for grits, every time I have been served them they have been, well, gritty in texture.